Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lidl binoculars

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

I bought a pair of these over lunch.
    First impressions:- cheap cheap cheap, and not that good.

The motions of the central pivot, the zoom mechanism, and the diopter adjustment feel like treacle was used instead of grease.
    When changing zoom levels, there is a need to refocus, and to readjust the diopter adjustment as well.
    Full of lateral chromatic abberation, identical in both barrels.
    The eyepiece at 10x has a FOV of about 35 degrees, about 60 degrees at 30x.
    There is obvious shading at the sides of the exit pupil from slightly undersized prisms, but I've seen a lot worse.

Overall, if you don't have a set of binoculars and you can't locate the €20 10x50 meades that were available in the past, then these are better than nothing. Night-time performance remains to be judged.

I'd recommend a tripod and tripod adapter as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Diamonddec

Just bought a pair of these this lunchtime, and I concur that they don't seem to be that great (even with my non-existant knowledge) :rolleyes: ... but at £16.99, they will do as a stocking filler for my 15 year old. :)

Advertisement