Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today 11am Clane to Barberstown to Maynooth

Options
  • 21-12-2009 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭

I was driving out of Clane, my thermostat said 1C, backroads were icy, main roads were a little better in parts. I was able to do 60kph in an 80 zone.

Moron in 04 silver BMW 3 series sat up my arse for the 1st mile, then overtook me on a continuous white line near a junction, only to travel 20 metres up the road and sit on someone elses bumper.

What is wrong with these people. What can we do about them. You can be very sure that they cause a huge amount of accidents.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭1948Wolseley

I'd say it's best to just keep doing your own thing, stay out of their way and let them stuff it in a tree if they want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

rohatch wrote: »
    What can we do about them.
    You could report them to the Gardai. Either way, do your best to let them safely past you at the earliest opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Had somebody try to use the overtaking lane on the M7 Bypass in Limerick. There were no tyre marks in the snow so how he thought it was a good idea I dont know. I could only do 50kph or less.

He gave up fairly fast as he could not control his car.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

Hypothetically-speaking, is a 20kph differential between actual speed and speed limit sufficient justification to overtake on a SINGLE continuous white line all other conditions being safe? (ie no ice, bends, oncoming traffic etc etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Hypothetically-speaking, is a 20kph differential between actual speed and speed limit sufficient justification to overtake on a SINGLE continuous white line all other conditions being safe? (ie no ice, bends, oncoming traffic etc etc)

In my opinion, assuming all is safe, yes.

Edit# Actually sorry no, didnt read the continuous white line part... Though generally if there is a white line, all other conditions are not safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

What is wrong with these people.

Its called natural selection. Natures way of attempting to weed out the stupid.:D

Advertisement