Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

johnson and Johnson Acuvue Moist 1 day alternative

Options
  • 21-12-2009 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

Just back from the opticians (Vision Express), and down 100 balloons for an eye contact lense compatability test and 30 daily disposables.

65 of this was on the contacts which are johnson and johnson 1-day acuvue moist. I have to go back on wednesday to make sure they are working out ok, but If they are, im looking for a cheaper alternative on the net.

So, question is;

Has anyone tried unbranded lenses from the net? Is there a johnson and Johnson Moist 1 day equivalent, for cheaper? ... if so what are the pros and cons?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Check out daysoftcontactlenses and see how they work out for you .

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

I gave these a go and they worked a treat! The packaging is a little fiddly but they are just as good as Acuvue Moist.

Took a chance on these and saved a fortune!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Johnnybr

tried daysoft ones a few years ago..didnt find them that comfortable, on clariti 1 day silicones now,they work out cheaper than the j&j moist but just as comfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

did nt like the day soft ones either, they kept turning inside out when i was trying to get them in, however they certainly are cheaper so maybe worth a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Paulie907

been wearing the clariti 1 day lenses a few months now as well. never heard of them before, they are really nice to wear, you dont even notice them in after awhile. switched from the tru-eye which i didnt like at all. especially for the money you pay for the j&j lenses you want them to be good. Paying 140 for 3 months for the clariti 1 day lenses from the local optician, great value i reckon and you can support local business!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

140? What do you reckon their mark up is paulie?

I'm all for supporting local business and communities, as long as they are giving something back... I just paid 40 for 4 months supply of my daysoft lenses.

I've also noted that I've throw alot of the J&J lenses i've had in the bin due to irregular fitting, and have yet to find a problem with the cheap brand...

You keep charging people €4 for coffee and eventually there will be a starbucks on every corner, and no room for the local businesses.

Advertisement