Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young girl missing in balbriggan

Options
  • 21-12-2009 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

I just seen the post in the star about her.I know her mum, does anyone have any ifnormation.Do they need help with posters etc?cathy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Noodles23

cathy01 wrote: »
    I just seen the post in the star about her.I know her mum, does anyone have any ifnormation.Do they need help with posters etc?cathy

Here's a link from RTE news

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1218/byrnem.html

• Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Stickied. Pic & details added. HB
    0002db6110dr.jpg
    RTE News wrote:
    Gardaí seek help tracing missing girl
    Friday, 18 December 2009 20:39
    Gardaí at Balbriggan are seeking the assistance of the public in tracing the whereabouts of 17-year-old Marissa Byrne.

Ms Byrne has been missing since 27 November.

Marissa was last seen in Balbriggan on Friday 27 November at approximately 10.30pm. She is described as being 5'8'' in height, with brown eyes and long brown hair, sometimes worn up.

When last seen she was wearing a black jacket, pink tracksuit bottoms and white runners with a pink stripe.

Anyone with information relating to Marissa's whereabouts is asked to contact Balbriggan Garda Station on 01 8020510, The Garda Confidential Telephone Line 1800 666 111, or any Garda Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Awful for the families-hope she turns up ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

shes gone about 3 weeks, God love them,
    I wish there was something I cluld do.I hate not being able to help.
    If anyone hears of an update can they post, thanks,cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

There was a few of these covered on Pat Kenny show this morning.
    Hope things work out for family.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Lady Davenport

I've heard that she has been found, can anyone else confirm? Hopefully it's true, and that she is safe and well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

I havnt heard, but fingers crossed.
    cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Cian59

Yeah, she was found on den 23rd in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Lady Davenport

Cian59 wrote: »
    Yeah, she was found on den 23rd in Dublin

Thats great news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Great news.

That's a scary amount of time for teenage girl to be gone though, for her then to turn up alive, particularly when you consider the current climate. Any more details on what happened/where she had been?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

This girl is missing again.

00031da910dr.jpg
    Originally Posted by RTÉ News
    Appeal for missing Dublin girl
    Thursday, 18 March 2010 18:21

The publics assistance is being sought in locating a 17-year-old girl missing from her from Balbriggan home.

Marissa Byrne was last seen at her home in Chapel Gate on 23 February.

She is described as being 5'8" tall, of thin build, with black shoulder-length hair, and has brown eyes.
    Advertisement

When last seen she was wearing black Ugg boots, black leggings, a black t-shirt and a black jacket.

Anyone who may have any information relating to Marissa is asked to contact Balbriggan Garda Station on 01-8020510 or the Garda Confidential line on 1800-666-111.

Details here

Re-stickied.

No further speculation regarding the reason for this girl's disappearance please.

HB

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It is the same girl and she is gone missing again?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,891 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Please see Hill Billy's post above concerning speculation over the reasons for this girl's disappearance. Any such posts will be deleted and may result in a ban.

If you are not sure whether something you are proposing to post is acceptable, please PM me and/or Hill Billy first

If you have any information concerning this girl's disappearance, please contact one of the Garda numbers shown earlier in the thread. Do not post it here

Thanks

Beasty

Thread unstickied & closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement