If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact

Just wondering...

  • 21-12-2009 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭

    My mother told me I developed a very bad stutter when I was 3.
    She helped me with it though and it went away.

    I do talk quite fast at times and I am in the habit of stopping and slowing myself down now. As when I talk fast I do slip up on some words and a sort of stutter appears. People haven't picked up on that though.

    The issue I really have is this.
    It's like I swap about the first letters of certain words. I can't think of a recent example but say for instance : horse, cart. I would end up saying corse, hart!!

    People do pick up on that at times and laugh but I don't mind that. It's more annoying at times that I can't speak at the speed I want but I just want to know is that common? Is there even a name for it?
    I even find myself doing it when I am typing on the computer! Not as much as when I am speaking though.

    On a side note, shoulder and soldier are two words that are nearly impossible for me to say, unless I pause before each one and say it in my head first!

    Any help on the swapping about first letters of words would be appreciated! Thanks.