Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

elec shower with a pressurised system

Options
  • 21-12-2009 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi,

can anyone tell me if there is any need for an electric shower
    when using a pressuresied system?
    i will have solar alwell.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Tikka Jim

No need. In fact if you installed one and if used regularly, it would negate the benefit of having solar panels.
    The only time you might need it is if your heating system breaks down at a time (Nov to Jan) when your solar panels are not heating the cylinder sufficiently. In this case you could use your immersion to generate hot water.

James

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

You should always have at least one elec shower for the reasons pointed out above. I've one in the guest en-suite, where it will be the least used of all the showers but available to anyone in the house if the pressurised system fails me for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

You should always have at least one elec shower for the reasons pointed out above. I've one in the guest en-suite, where it will be the least used of all the showers but available to anyone in the house if the pressurised system fails me for whatever reason.

Brilliant advice. Additionally as you have a pressurised system you can buy one of the many cheap pressurised shower valves on the internet to go with your lovely system. Grohe / Duravit etc.

Enjoy.. I am so envious...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

OP, as above posters said.

What you are looking for is a mixer shower. You can get them thermostatically controled

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭rodred

thanks for the reply's,
    the elec shower would be for the main bathroom,
    with a normal shower in the en-suite.
    so the elec shower will get quite a bit of use.
    which probably isn't the most efficient.

is it still a good idea, would you always have one
    no matter what.
    cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Hmm

Ok think ahead. Do you have kids at the moment, or are you going to have some down the line? If so your main bathroom might quickly become the most used, in which case you may want to make your en-suite the electric shower unit instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭rodred

Hmm

Ok think ahead. Do you have kids at the moment, or are you going to have some down the line? If so your main bathroom might quickly become the most used, in which case you may want to make your en-suite the electric shower unit instead.

no kids at the moment, but that may change in the next few years.
    im not mad on elec showers as the pressure isnt great in my experiance.
    is it stupid not to have one?
    or just an inconvenience if the water isn't hot??

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

rodred wrote: »
    no kids at the moment, but that may change in the next few years.
    im not mad on elec showers as the pressure isnt great in my experiance.
    is it stupid not to have one?
    or just an inconvenience if the water isn't hot??

cheers

Fo my bit the only reason you will need an electric shower is for back up. The kids will get use to the qty in the cylinder and as its pressurised it will heat very quickly.

I can understand the logic around the electric shower but the way I see it is on a pressurised system you will get it fixed straight away as the whole house is gone.

Save your money buy a good thermostatic valve and allow left over tiles and space for a pumped electric in the future. You could have the pipework and wireing in, just blanked off.

Advertisement