Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orb in photo?

Options
  • 21-12-2009 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

hi can anyone offer an explanation for this?
    the photo was taken over the weekend and it appears that an orb is floating between them, also it seems to have a pattern in it. there was nothing to reflest the light, no flashing lights around and there wasn't much movement to stir up any dust.
    What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The poster on the wall through the doorway there seems to be quite reflective.

Digital cameras and the way their sensor extrapolates data to compose an image would take even a small reflection of light and exaggerate it in the final image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Spec of dust/dirt/fluff on the lens. Might be better to post in the photography forum

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

It doesnt seem to be flare, there is only that one spot, usually flare will have more than one spot, I'd say it is something on the lens as it is the forefront of the image, easily fixed though with a bit of cloning, nothing paranormal there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

hi can anyone offer an explanation for this?

Yeah, photoshop ;)

Well there is definite structure to the object, it looks like an image of a maze in a garden or something (the ones made from hedges etc).

Its not a lens flare, unlikely to be dust due to the structure of it.

Its either gone in after the photo was taken, or your camera is knackered.

Can you take more photo's and be certain it doesn't happen on other images?

Have you taken a phot of a similar object at any stage on that camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭bigdogbarking

it was actually my wife's friend who took the photo and this is the only one that it appeared in. All the other photos taken both before and after appear fine, thats why we were curious. it definitely wasn't photoshop'd on i can verify that much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Yeah, photoshop ;)

Well there is definite structure to the object, it looks like an image of a maze in a garden or something (the ones made from hedges etc).

Its not a lens flare, unlikely to be dust due to the structure of it.

Its either gone in after the photo was taken, or your camera is knackered.

Can you take more photo's and be certain it doesn't happen on other images?

Have you taken a phot of a similar object at any stage on that camera?

Just curious how you arrived at that conclusion? I have taken thousands of photographs with "orbs" in them. I know they are dust (or sometimes insect) reflections from the flash and many have what you can call structure.

Saruman wrote: »
    Just curious how you arrived at that conclusion? I have taken thousands of photographs with "orbs" in them. I know they are dust (or sometimes insect) reflections from the flash and many have what you can call structure.

Just from looking at it. Zooming right in it defo doesn't look like dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I can see a face in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭the iceman come

its weird looking alright,anyone else notice the pattern in it? looks very celtic looking,

by the way your missus is very pretty:)

dust
    A Bar Fly
    really small Chinese lantern

• Advertisement

Grimes wrote: »
    I can see a face in it.

Where? I can see my face in the bottom left of it if thats what you mean? :)

its weird looking alright,anyone else notice the pattern in it? looks very celtic looking,

by the way your missus is very pretty:)

Yep agree about the pattern alright, and also about my missus, but thats going slightly OT :) but thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭okioffice84

Swamp gas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Corbetts?

Duff wrote: »
    Corbetts?

yup

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

Hope you dont mind me saying but your wife is a cracker! ;)

What are you? 12?
    I don't mind you saying so,but do i have to go blur her face out?
    Actually maybe i will....

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

What are you? 12?
    I don't mind you saying so,but do i have to go blur her face out?
    Actually maybe i will....

I didnt mean to annoy you mate , take it as a compliment bro.

Sorry for offending you

I didnt mean to annoy you mate , take it as a compliment bro.

Sorry for offending you

No offence taken,i agree with you, like i said, i don't mind you saying so, but i don't want the topic to stray off to whether my wife is hot or not, thats a poll for another day maybe? :)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

No offence taken,i agree with you, like i said, i don't mind you saying so, but i don't want the topic to stray off to whether my wife is hot or not, thats a poll for another day maybe? :)
    You have your names (I presume) in the photo id, btw. Telling you in case youd prefer it anonymous....

I always presume orbs like this are caused by dust or flare, theyre certainly nothing exceptional. I see a smiley face like an offcentre version of this :) in it.

Oryx wrote: »
    You have your names (I presume) in the photo id, btw. Telling you in case youd prefer it anonymous....

Yeah thanks i noticed that too but it was too late and i don't know how to change it :(

• Advertisement

Yeah thanks i noticed that too but it was too late and i don't know how to change it :(

Un-attach (de-attach??) the photo. Open photo, save as different filename, then upload again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Looks like an orb, yep.

Any follow-up questions, you should probably ask over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

thats frikkin hilarious :p

pic removed, topic doesnt seem to be going any further,
    *logs off to "do" my cracker of a wife*:D

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

dust/insect

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

Advertisement