Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sourcing replacement hinge

Options
  • 21-12-2009 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Can anyone help me source a replacement hinge for my front door. The hinge looks like the one in the picture attached. Can't contact builder to see where he got the doors from.
    It's on a wooden, double glazed front door of good quality. Want to get this replace soon as it will be putting stress on the other 2 hinges.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Try a joinery shop or even a good hardware store. That must be off a door with a rebated door leaf that sits partially inside the door frame, the typical double seal setup.
    Should be easy enough to get.
    Ive seen the plaster reveal over the door too low to actually lift the door off the hing in most cases leading to much annoyance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I've only ever seen that hinge type for timber windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Ancee

We have hinges something like that on our front door that was supplied by a joinery in North Cork (don't know if I'm allowed mention names).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Ancee wrote: »
    We have hinges something like that on our front door that was supplied by a joinery in North Cork
    Oh, OK, I've just seen them on windows.
    (don't know if I'm allowed mention names).
    Best not...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

We have hinges something like that on our front door that was supplied by a joinery in North Cork (don't know if I'm allowed mention names).

you dont need we can guess the name :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement