Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why Can't I Put Glass in My Recycle Bin

Options
  • 21-12-2009 1:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭

I have the 3 bins from AES:
    Green: Domestic Waste
    Blue: Recycled Waste
    Brown: Organic Waste

Why can't I put my glass bottles in with the recycling ?.
    Is it cause they break up when being emptied into the truck & can't be separated by colour.
    Anyway our local town has closed it's bottle banks so I'm having to start throwing the glass in with the domestic waste.
    Other bottle banks are well out of my way & would cost me a hour round trip on a Saturday morning.
    Also a brown bin in Winter is as good as an ashtray on a bike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

They sort them by hand. Glass would be a health and safety issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,489 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    Also a brown bin in Winter is as good as an ashtray on a bike.

why?

You should complain to the council about the lack of bottlebanks in the area and that you now have no alternative but to dump the glass. maybe they will reinstate them.

I don't understand why they won't take glass. Panda do but DLRCOCO and the crowd who do our new apartments don't:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

why?

You should complain to the council about the lack of bottlebanks in the area and that you now have no alternative but to dump the glass. maybe they will reinstate them.

I don't understand why they won't take glass. Panda do but DLRCOCO and the crowd who do our new apartments don't:confused:

The brown bin never goes out cause it would take months of vegetable peelings to fill it.
    Summer grass/hedge cuttings are it's best use.

We campaigned to get the bottle banks in the first place but they were poorly maintained.
    People started leaving their boxes & bags that they brought their bottles in behind them.
    The place slowly became a rubbish tip.

Advertisement