Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Real-time road surface temperature website

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Excellent link.
    So most of the tracked roads have a surface temp of 0c or less. Now what was it said about Summer tyres and under +7c again....:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I've used it for years and it's well worth checking with the weather as it is. Seems they've lost some of the stations around the M50 with the road works.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,480 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Not too many roads on it though is there?

And main roads are always going to be in better condition & slightly warmer than most so unless you are purely using the M/N roads it less than useless as its potentially misleading, making people think its safer/clearer than in reality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Not too many roads on it though is there?

And main roads are always going to be in better condition & slightly warmer than most so unless you are purely using the M/N roads it less than useless as its potentially misleading, making people think its safer/clearer than in reality
    You can chose to use it or not. It goes without saying that national primary routes are safer in conditions like we are currently seeing.

This site when combined with http://www.aaroadwatch.ie/ is the best source of this type of information in this country.

For example today I was considering travelling the length of the N4 and then I saw the temp at Longford is -2C. A quick check of the AA site says the reason is heavy snow. I won't travel today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Doesn't have the existing M9 or the M9 Carlow Bypass on it. Now that the road will be open (in the next couple of hours) from Carlow to Dublin it is really needed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭nagero

I wrote an iPhone app that displays this info along with pretty pictures. Road Weather on apps.ie

Hopefully when they built these new roads they also included weather monitoring stations along them. If they did it should appear on the OP's page in due course.

There is also a not very well publicised http://www.nratraffic.ie which has a little bit more info on each weather station but also includes what current motorway signs are displaying and journey times on the M1

regards

kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

The IWN has the NRA and Met.ie data. There are lots of users sharing their data from their own weather stations too. Check IWN - Irish Weather Network Thats a link to the mesomap that has the data of the various stations, you will need to zoom in a bit for some that are close together. :)

Advertisement