Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

fuel consumption

Options
  • 21-12-2009 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Im clueless about htis but just want to know if this is ok.

Im getting about 60 miles for a €10 of petrol. Assume this is before the budget. 1.5 almera 03.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,480 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

The almera has a MPG indicator on the same screen as the radio.

(I'm assuming as it 03 it the newer model though you could get both for a while iirc)

I have an 03 also and get about 35.5-36.5 MPG. On long motorway runs it'll easily do of 50 MPG

From your numbers: €10 is ~8.06l
    8.06l = 1.77 gallons

60/1.77 = 33.898 MPG.

Not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Thanks to forum member zilog jones for previsouly referencing this site on a related thread.

http://www.fuelly.com/car/nissan/almera

Looks like 33mpg is the norm.

Pretty poor imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

E39MSport wrote: »
    Thanks to forum member zilog jones for previsouly referencing this site on a related thread.

Pretty poor imo.

Does strengthen the argument for Bangernomics though. An S320 CDI will do 30 mpg.

(BTW spritmonitor.de shows 37mpg for the Almera).

Definitely. I'm sold on that now. Never again to be a good little car consumer. But that's for a different thread.... :)

Pretty poor imo.

:confused:
    I get average of 39.7 from that site.
    Were you using US rather than UK measures

• Advertisement

I saw one 2002 Almera on there as per link. Reports an average of 33.1 mpg. Ties in with your mpg too Cookie. Am I doing something wrong?

I saw one 2002 Almera on there as per link. Reports an average of 33.1 mpg. Ties in with your mpg too Cookie. Am I doing something wrong?

yeah you're looking at it in US measurement. Little option buttons in top left corner to change it to UK as gallons are different in US.

Cheers. Jebus, that makes her best ever of 110 mpg even more ridiulous. Out of 13 recorded fill ups it's probably thrown the average out by quite a bit.

Cheers. Jebus, that makes her best ever of 110 mpg even more ridiulous. Out of 13 recorded fill ups it's probably thrown the average out by quite a bit.

Not so, I've gotten 99.4 out of it before. In 5th rolling down a very long hill :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭betonit

thanks all for the info. So basically its correct for that car but not great fuel consumption?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

Bear in mind that its a US site, the posters are probably driving automatics which would have poorer consumption that a manual.

33MPG from an Almera does sound low though, all city driving perhaps?

Advertisement