Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Warning about Yankee Candle Air Freshener

Options
  • 21-12-2009 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I have had a Yankee Candle Air Freshener haning out of my rear view mirror for two months now and this weekend it has dripped onto the dash on my VW Passat. It in turn reacted with the plastic and lifted the top coat and revealed a different colour plastic underneath. It had a reaction not unlike that of nitromors on paint, a bubbling of the top coat which left it very soft and it just wiped off.
    Has anyone ever heard of this problem before?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

:eek:

One of the lads in work has these hanging in his new accord, must warn him!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Do they recommend you keep the protective plastic over it?

Never heard of anything like this but you're probably entitled to something.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I have one, it depends if the heat is blowing directly on them.

It happened in my girlfriends car, but it just left marks on the plastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

im buying one of them tomorrow! might get enough compo to pay my car insurance next year!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

A few years ago the brother bought an air freshener for his car, can't remember the brand. Within a month of putting it in the car all the stickers had fallen off the windows including the (notoroiusly hard to remove) dealer sticker on the back window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Da Ross

I too recieved the same mail:

Dear *****,

Thank you for writing to us today with your concerns. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the experience you had with our product. We would be happy to replace it for you if you would like.

Regarding the damages, we do recommend contacting your renter's/home owner's insurance. If you do wish to pursue this matter further, we will need documentation in the following forms:

1) written documentation of the event

2) photographs of the damage

3) return of our product

4) written estimates for repairs

Please send this information to:

Yankee Candle Company

Consumer Affairs

Attn: Melissa Seymour

PO Box 110

South Deerfield, MA 01373

Please allow 30 days from the date of receipt for a response.

Sincerely,

Yankee Candle Company

Guest Relations

I cant believe this is still going on after reading the complaints board website above. Anyway, Please spread the word that these products are defective and can cause serious damage to somebody's car!
    Cheers.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I had thought that all air fresheners had advisories telling you not to let them come in contact with the plastics of the car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Looks like I'll just have to stay with this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

I had a magic tree hanging on the wiper stalk rubbing against the steering column, it melted a layer of plastic - dont use them anymore.

X.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Brabus

EPM wrote: »
    Looks like I'll just have to stay with this

As advertised on Top Gear last nite and "fumbily" Clarkson managed to get some in his eye for good measure too!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I use one of these myself. Find they work pretty well :)

Advertisement