Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scuff marks

Options
  • 20-12-2009 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭

Some little tosspot kicked a football deliberately at my car when I was driving down past the football fields near Nutgrove shopping centre tonight and it put a big scuff mark on my bonnet. How would I buff this out?
    He ran into a ditch until I drove off and then came out to get his ball the effing Bloody Waster.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

How badly are they?
    You could T cut it but I generally advise people to avoid using it as its more labourios in the long run.

Clean off the area using a hose to gently remove any dirt there. You don't wanna scrub it off as you'll only scratch the paint further!
    Clean the car and then apply a good protectant wax. Meguirs do a good range. If your car is clean then buy some Meguirs speed detailer. Handy to use in a situation like yours. Again, wax that body after

• Registered Users Posts: 73,407 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Just get some T cut and follow the instructions. Don't bother with rubbing compound. finish with a polish.

Dunno how the cold weather affects being able to use polish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭mondeo

I have the Mers car polish out in the shed, I'll try that in the morning.
    It's a pretty big scuff mark, big round one the shape of his ball, he hit the car really hard surprised it did not dent it. Swine

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

mondeo wrote: »
    It's a pretty big scuff mark, big round one the shape of his ball, he hit the car really hard surprised it did not dent it. Swine

I wouldn't imagine any over-the-counter polishes will do much for you if it's that bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

mondeo wrote: »

The sooner you can get at it the better your chances are of getting rid of it completely, if it was definately intentional id have pulled in and taken the ball with me!

• Advertisement
Advertisement