Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letters to God - Jerusalem postal service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Just out of curiosity - I'm not criticising your position - but why must you do this? I don't see the attraction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

I heard about an old pensioner who got mugged. So she wrote a letter, and addressed it to God saying,
    "Dear God, I got mugged and robbed of $100. That was all the money I had for Christmas. Please help me."

The guys at the post office saw the envelope addressed to God, so out of curiosity they opened it. They were so touched that they had a whip-round and raised $95, which they sent to the poor old pensioner.

A few days later another letter in the same handwriting came to the post office. It said,
    "Dear God, thank you so much for answering my prayer and returning my $100 to me. Unfortunately by the time I got it, it was only $95. I bet it was those thieving b*****s at the post office!"

Advertisement