Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Jazz on the internet/lessons

Options
  • 20-12-2009 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

Hi there, I'm a guitarist who has been playing since I was a kid, and I can learn anything in a heartbeat, but was looking for Jazz lessons in my area ( Dundalk Louth ) or a site on the internet thats really easy to learn from? I have a good grip on Jazz but I'm looking for advanced lessons.

Stephen. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Bodysmart

Check out http://www.jimmybrunoguitarinstitute.com

I joined yesterday and it's pretty much the best thing I've ever done.

It doesn't matter HOW advanced you are, you're going to learn lots about jazz guitar for Jimmy.

Incredible guitarist. Even better teacher :cool:

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭equivariant

Bodysmart wrote: »
    Check out http://www.jimmybrunoguitarinstitute.com

I joined yesterday and it's pretty much the best thing I've ever done.

It doesn't matter HOW advanced you are, you're going to learn lots about jazz guitar for Jimmy.

Incredible guitarist. Even better teacher :cool:

Paul

+1. I've been a member for over a year and it is great.

+1. I've been a member for over a year and it is great.

Great - what's your forum name? I'll look out for you. Mine is "thinkandbeslim".

Right now, I'm working on memorising the 5 shapes in all 12 keys. Should have that done by the end of January! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

Great - what's your forum name? I'll look out for you. Mine is "thinkandbeslim".

Right now, I'm working on memorising the 5 shapes in all 12 keys. Should have that done by the end of January! :D

I went through some sample lessons and found his method a really good one, considering its done on the internet, I'll have to sign up in Jan, get a clean start, I'm excited about it and cant wait to join and get learning.

thanks again for the info.

God bless

Stephen.

You're very welcome Stephen.

Jimmy is such a cool guy and all the forum members are extremely helpful. No egos whatsoever, which makes it ideal for sharing knowledge.

I haven't been this motivated since I first took up guitar! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

You're very welcome Stephen.

Jimmy is such a cool guy and all the forum members are extremely helpful. No egos whatsoever, which makes it ideal for sharing knowledge.

I haven't been this motivated since I first took up guitar! :)

yeah I understand, the ego is our biggest enemy when we want to learn anything.

They say the Ego is so strong that when a man dies his ego dies 15 mins later.:D

Thanks again
    Stephen.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭equivariant

JimC71

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭PoleStar

Is there a piano equivalent of this website?

PoleStar wrote: »
    Is there a piano equivalent of this website?

This looks pretty good -> http://www.jazzpianolessons.com/

Hope that helps,

Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭PoleStar

Has anyone used this site?

• Advertisement
Advertisement