Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mis-placed theory cert

Options
  • 20-12-2009 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hey folks,

I seem to have misplaced my driver theory test certificate for my car licence, is it possible to get a replacemnt with out having to the test again? and if so who should I contact?!

Cheers,

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 gorrillafrier

You can request a duplicate certificate by writing a letter including your name, address, PPS number and date of birth with a cheque or postal order for €15.00, payable to ‘Prometric Ireland Limited’, to the following address:
    Driver Theory Test, Customer Service, PO Box 788, Togher, Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Do you need that cert to do the real test????

I dont have mine either, I have my provisional liscence, surely thats enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Mr.Helpful

Thargor wrote: »
    Do you need that cert to do the real test????

I dont have mine either, I have my provisional liscence, surely thats enough?

You dont need it to do the real test however you do need when you apply for your full licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Damn it anyway, at least its only 15 quid I suppose.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Mr.Helpful wrote: »
    You dont need it to do the real test however you do need when you apply for your full licence.
    Do they not take it as a given since you had to produce it for the Learner Permit?
    Beggary hell anyway - I'll have to go looking for it.

• Advertisement

Now dont take my word, i am only going buy what it says on the actual driving liecence application form which I got when I eventually pass this elusive driving test!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Hang on, i think you're wrong on that one. You do not need your theory test certificate to apply for a full license. You do need the certificate of competency that you receive upon passing the test, and of course the learner permit will be required.

Hang on, i think you're wrong on that one. You do not need your theory test certificate to apply for a full license. You do need the certificate of competency that you receive upon passing the test, and of course the learner permit will be required.

I cant seem to locate the form at the moment, but when I do I;ll read it again and report back.

Sorry for causing any confusion.

See attachment: It clearly states "A Driver Theory Test Cert.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

See attachment: It clearly states "A Driver Theory Test Cert.

Do you have a source for that image?
    If you read this page it doesn't mention a theory test cert at all. The fact that you have a learner permit negates any reason to present the theory test certificate at all. The below is taken from CitizenInformation.ie
    LINK
    How to apply
    You can obtain a copy of application form D.401 from your local Motor Taxation Office, or you can request this form by post through CitizensInformation.ie. It is not available to download online.

Your completed application form should be returned to your local Motor Taxation Office and must include the following:

Two identical passport-type photographs, with the reverse of both signed by you.
    Your current or most recently issued driving licence (if you hold or held one in the previous 10 years) and your current or most recently issued learner driving permit (if you hold or held one in the previous five years and it has not been replaced by a driving licence). If your most recent learner permit or driving licence has been lost or stolen, you must complete a lost licence declaration (Form D8.A) which is available from your local Garda Station. You must submit the form, signed and stamped by the Gardaí, with your application.
    A medical report may be required. Download a medical report form (D.501) (pdf) (must be printed back to back on one page). This form is available from your Motor Taxation Office or you can also request form D.501 by post through CitizensInformation.ie. A medical report is compulsory if:
    - you are applying for Categories C, C1, D, D1, EC, EC1, ED or ED1 unless you previously provided a medical report which is still applicable
    - you will be 70 years of age or more on the first day of the period for which the licence is being issued
    - you have any of certain disabilities or diseases
    - you suffer from epilepsy or alcoholism
    - you regularly take drugs or medication that would be likely to impair your ability to drive safely
    A registered medical practitioner should carry out your medical examination and then complete the form. You must sign the declaration on the medical report form in the presence of the registered medical practitioner.
    A Certificate of Competency (if you have recently passed a driving test).
    The appropriate fee. If you are applying for your licence by post, pay the fee by cheque, bank draft or postal order, made payable to your local authority. If you are applying for your driving licence in person, you may pay the fee in cash.

• Advertisement

the link for the image is http://www.roscommoncoco.ie/services/motortax/motortaxforms/drivinglicenceapp.pdf

Sorry for all the cofusion. However I think I'll get the replacement cert just to be on the safe side.

Many thanks to all that replied.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement