Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dislocated Shoulder

Options
  • 20-12-2009 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Brought the kids ice skating yesterday in the RDS. It was my first time ice skating, and i'd never even roller skated or skateboarded when i was younger.

anyway i was like a giraffe trying to run across a frozen pond. i got more confident as i started to get used to it but went to grab the side rail when my feet started to slide backwards from under me. i reached for the rail and popped my shoulder out.

i had done this twice before about 11 & 12 years ago but thought that was the end of it.

the recovery period is up to 12 weeks. has anyone else done this and after how long were you back on the bike? The only positive i see is that you don't need much shoulder movement to ride a bike.

i wasn't riding bikes the last time i done this but now i commute to work every day on the bike. at least its happened now and after wednesday i'm on a break until 4th january

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Thankfully I never popped my shoulder (sounds mighty painful, get well soon!) but if I did pop it I'd avoid using the bike if I could. No point in risking further injury by commuting to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Georgey Burgess

Thankfully I never popped my shoulder (sounds mighty painful, get well soon!) but if I did pop it I'd avoid using the bike if I could. No point in risking further injury by commuting to work!

cheers steffano, i won't be going near the bike this side of christmas now. i have a lift on monday and then have to organise tue and wed. don't fancy a dublin bus journey with one arm though!!

i'm interested to find out how long it took others to get back on the bike cause i'll be lost in the new year without the bike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Ouch :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭SlabMurphy

cheers steffano, i won't be going near the bike this side of christmas now. i have a lift on monday and then have to organise tue and wed. don't fancy a dublin bus journey with one arm though!!

i'm interested to find out how long it took others to get back on the bike cause i'll be lost in the new year without the bike.
    Depends on the damage you done and some people heal better than others. I'd very much err on the side of caution, no point maybe damaging up your shoulder by going back too early. Also, it's feckin FREEZING.

Advertisement