Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DMT

Options
  • 19-12-2009 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭

I wasn't sure where to really post this so I thought this section was the best place to post this.I'm sure a lot of you have heard of this DMT drug, and recently I have spent a lot of time studying this drug, its affects and have found it very interesting.DMT drug is a psychedelic chemical and elements of it are supposed to be in our brains.

It is the effects of this drug that have me so interested in it.Now I am not into my drugs by any means but the side effects of this drug are so interesting.Everyone more or less has the same experience.They experience outer body experiences, or meet strange alien type creatures.It is for this reason I post it as it kind of has something to do with paranormal activity.The effects again are

• Sense of transcending time or space
    • Strange plants or plantlike forms
    • The universe of formless vibration
    • Strange machines
    • Alien music
    • Alien languages, understandable or not
    • Intelligent entities in a variety of forms
    People have seen the future, and been given messages from certain life forms which have turned out to be valid and true information.I watched a short video on youtube about it that was very interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v905fhCqq2Y

I'd like to hear all comments on this.What are your opinions on these trips and the drug itself.I'd also like to hear from someone who has taken the drug.1st hand experience is always best

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

It's not exactly paranormal, although it is interesting to talk about the effects of certain substances on the mind, given that some open people up to a higher sense of awareness. Though it's a dangerous thing, I'd be curious to see what someone while under the influence of certain substances would see, compared to while they were free of anything. Of course, the problem is that such a thing tends to border on irresponsible, considering a requirement of paranormal investigations is to not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

I have a friend who bought some BZP (before it became illegal) and he mixed it with additional caffene after taking it, which had a rather interesting effect on him. It was a pain in the arse having to take care of him though...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I volunteer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Dr-Rockso-metalocalypse-737334_807_704.jpg
    I c-c-c-c-c-c-voulenteer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

I've used it extensively a few years a go AMA.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

As a mod, this is a tricky thread for me. I dont mind a hypothetical discussion of the effect of mind altering substances in relation to paranormal experience. I am interested in why there should be a common theme to these experiences among different people.

But if this discussion turns into a detailing of anyones personal drug taking habits, past or present, or I feel it encourages or gives advice on drug taking in any way, I will remove this thread. And the next person to 'volunteer' will get a ban. OK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

As I said I am not into taking drugs or anything im that nature, I'm just interested in heariong of an experience or some info to make it clearer for me to understand.

As I said,I just find it very weird that so many people have had the same experiences.I watched a documentary recently that was made by the BBC.I forget the guys name who did it, but he traveled off to a tribe, a tribe who took DMT to contact the gods, spirits and what not.

To prove himself to the tribe, he himself had to take the drug with them.Now this tribe have their own language.....their own songs.While the journalist was on this drug, he could sing back the songs that the tribemen were singing to him.Unbelievable to see this, and hopefully it was a genuine documentary.

I have a link if anyone in interested in watching it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Twas Bruce Parry. I find the whole thing incredibly interesting also, however I wouldnt have linked it to the paranormal,more so spirituality and healing.

If you find the effects of DMT interesting you should look into Ayahuasca tea drinking and Iboga.
    Bruce Parry also took part in the ceremonies/rituals with regard taking these and you can watch on youtube or read the book (recommended for extra insights).

The Man who Drank the Universe
    http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=1547240899855868654#

Ayahuasca - The Snake & I
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_7J20eBGoQ
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v

Bruce Parry Iboga Initiation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGG3EMAfqhE

Ayahuasca has cured many people with depression and is used by psychologists in South America. It seems to force people to face all their inner demons within a condensed amount of time with the "snake" finally appearing at the point of enlightment.

Iboga although a scared plant used in the Bwiti religion its chemical component Ibogaine has been tested to help get addicts off hard drugs such as herion - lots of interesting research on the net.

Apologies I have nothing to add to this in the paranormal sense, I have never really thought of it in that way but do however find the whole subject remarkably interesting.

And these are naturally found "drugs", not made in a lab for profit. Their use is rarely recreational but in ancient rituals for betterment and healing.

Im not into drugs at all. Was just messing. Sorry :o

Also there are a fair few papers on people in the past or current tribal societies taking all sorts of things in order to communicate with spirits.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 wharf_rat

If you are not into 'drugs' as you call it - why would you comment on this topic? I know its an old thread but I felt it needed to be said - people who know nothing about what the topic is about should not comment - just like in a pub where (you might be more athome) and someone in your group raises a question about the benefits of liberty caps for depression - you would probably not open your cakehole until the conversation changes to football or star wars or whatever you're into - so do the same here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

graham hancock has written a lot about Ayahuasca, from which DMT is extracted. Ayahuasca is used by asian shaman to travel to 'the other world'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

wharf_rat wrote: »
    If you are not into 'drugs' as you call it - why would you comment on this topic? I know its an old thread but I felt it needed to be said - people who know nothing about what the topic is about should not comment - just like in a pub where (you might be more athome) and someone in your group raises a question about the benefits of liberty caps for depression - you would probably not open your cakehole until the conversation changes to football or star wars or whatever you're into - so do the same here

It was 6 years ago.what are YOU doing replying to the last post of a 6 year old thread and expecting them to see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Den_M wrote: »
    It was 6 years ago.what are YOU doing replying to the last post of a 6 year old thread and expecting them to see it?

Maybe that DMT stuff really does dilate time and space :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 NeonDemon

DMT opens up/temporarily decalcifies your Pineal gland and allows you to see the 5th dimension. Be careful however, as beings in the 5th dimension can see you back. DMT is a rogue molecule/code that allows the program to achieve sentience above its own bubble. Imagine a Sims character realizing that it is a character in a videogame and sees you the player, manipulating it. DMT is only the first of many ways we can understand the universe. Its not a coincidence that South America, where ayahuasca was widely propagated, was also the site of a civilization that widely used Human sacrifice and worshipped trippy eldritch abominations.

We need to go deeper lads. Only a full expedition into Macchu Picchu will we finally realize that the philosophers stone is a metaphor for the purification of our very soul through pain and suffering, and only then will we transcend Platos cave.

Den_M wrote: »

I seen it and it hurts. Hurts real bad. /locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement