Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IAS Observing session 19 December 2009

Options
  • 19-12-2009 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Hello all,

There will be an observing session on Saturday evening 19 December 2009 outside Kilmacanogue. Sorry about the late notice but we only decided today.

We will be meeting at Healy's Pottery at 9 on Saturday evening.

If you are interested in attending please ring 087 6398143 after 7PM on Saturday to confirm the session
    is still going ahead and for directions to the meeting point.

Regards

Michael

http://www.irishastrosoc.org

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

murphyme , let us know how you got on and if it went ahead !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

I just texted Michael. They met up at Healy's Pottery and it was snowing heavily so they headed home. They'd have had to hang on till past 11pm for the clear skies to arrive.

[Sigh] The Masochistic life of the Irish Astronomer [/Sigh] :D

Calibos tnx for the report . Weather eh !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 murphyme

Just as Calibos said it was snowing when we met up and we thought the roads might ice up we could get stuck up there.

With the benefit of hindsight after looking at the satellite photos I should have decided to meet up at 10 or 10:30 rather than 9 but I'll file it away for the next meeting.

Michael.

murphyme wrote: »
    Just as Calibos said it was snowing when we met up and we thought the roads might ice up we could get stuck up there.

With the benefit of hindsight after looking at the satellite photos I should have decided to meet up at 10 or 10:30 rather than 9 but I'll file it away for the next meeting.

Michael.

Hindsight is always 20/20 ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement