Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Good joystick for PC

Options
  • 19-12-2009 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Just found my memory stick with ROMS for MAME and copied them into the Dir folder. 62 working games from Shinobi to flying shark, 1941, commando, golden axe, bubble bubble etc etc class!
    Need a joy stick that wont break the bank (will realisticly not be used too much or for very long) but needs to be fairly good for those flying games. Is there one out there?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 aarmoran

have really cheap ones or as far as i know you can use a playstation 3 if you have one of them or xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Had one years ago but it didnt react fast enough for avoiding shots in Flying shark in particular (resulted in the joystick being forced too hard and breaking:( ),
    Thats why I was looking for a recommendation for a good one that someone out there is actually using and works well on the pc.Ta

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

street-fighter-tournament-stick.jpg

Worth the money :) Also you could start getting into street fighter 4, nothing wrong with that :P

You could use a PS3 or 360 pad but to be honest they work well with 3D games but are **** for old 2D games.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

For old arcade games on MAME I use a PS2 joypad to PC converter e.g. this one. I think it works great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Can you buy any of these converters in a shop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Can you buy any of these converters in a shop?
    I picked up my one in Maplin in Galway.

Advertisement