Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will we ever see houses being built again

Options
  • 18-12-2009 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

When will the recession end and houses be built again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

What a question!!

There is still houses being built. There is always going to be a certain level of one off building. I know our contractor has a few different jobs on the go at the moment. I don't think we will ever see the mass scale construction boom that we had again.

The people who realise that this type of one-off building is the bread and butter business will be fine in my opinion. We spent 25k on windows from Denmark because we felt that the Irish companies didn't seem interested in our business! It was almost like you were inconveniencing them by asking for a quote.

I think we are coming out of the recession (technically we are actually out of recession according to latest statistics). In fairness, the property "boom" was on a gradual decline for the last few years and then in the last 12 months I think it hit rock bottom. Economic history shows that a boom always ends and then in time there will be an upturn.

That's my few cents worth!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I do think though that planning permission in future will come under scrutiny. It will be real scrutiny, checking flood plains, environmental impact analyisis etc - not checking to see if you sing the folk choir at mass on Sunday at 11:30.

Maybe I'm being too idealistic!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,933 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Nothing to see here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement