Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Are Fiats getting swine flu or something?

Options
  • 18-12-2009 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭

Evening all,

We recently bought a second hand Fiat Seicento (2002) for the winter and after only a month we're already having problems.

Last night, on our way home from work, the amber "Engine Control System Failure (EOBD)" light came on and the car started feeling sluggish and under-powered (yes, it is actually possible for a Seicento to feel under-powered - lol).

Weird thing is it happened instantly. One second it was perfect, the next it was cr@p.

Thankfully the car came with a 3-month warranty so if we make it to Blanchardstown tomorrow we should be ok!

But then something weird happened this evening: my mother and girlfriend were coming back from shopping in my mum's Fiat Punto (2002) and guess what happens! The same light comes on for her!

Is there some sort of car virus going around? Is it because of the cold weather? Is there anything I can do to make it better until I get it back to the garage?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭cascade35

Give it a lemsip and a hot water bottle going to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

cascade35 wrote: »
    Give it a lemsip and a hot water bottle going to bed.
    You funny fecker! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

Evening all,

We recently bought a second hand Fiat Seicento (2002)

Thats your problem right there :D Best of to wait and see what shows up in the garage first.Cars should not brake with the weather even if it is a Fiat;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭cascade35

Did you get her to the fiat garage today? just wondering what the fault turned out to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭voteforpedro

i don't mean to be funny but it is a fiat after all. "fix it again tomorrow" and all that ya know!!! the only one to have is the coupe coz when it needs fixing at least you can look at it and say 'ah sure at least she's a looker like':)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

i don't mean to be funny but it is a fiat after all. "fix it again tomorrow" and all that ya know!!! the only one to have is the coupe coz when it needs fixing at least you can look at it and say 'ah sure at least she's a looker like':)

I'm presuming that was sarcasm:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

fiats are a bag of daggins!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭pcardin

mink_man wrote: »
    fiats are a bag of daggins!

Pure intelligence here...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Cold weather. Seven year old cars, from an era before Fiat learned how to put stuff together right (that was basically any car that entered the market in 2003 or later - Panda and the facelift Stilo onwards). Thats your problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,003 ✭✭✭Wossack

our puntos fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Hi guys!

Went to the garage on Saturday morning. Turned out to be a faulty coil so I was running on 3 cylinders... Fixed in no time! :D

Advertisement