Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web designer/programmer wanted as potential business partner

Options
  • 18-12-2009 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hi Guys.

I run a couple of successful websites already, but in order to progress and launch a new book related platform and product, I need to take someone on board, potentially as a business partner.

I am looking for an enthusiastic, talented programmer who has an interest in books/ebooks. I am based in cork, but they dont have to be. Experience needs to be good with a preferably wide range of skills in programming and design.
    I am looking for the right fit rather than the perfect cv, so if you have a can-do attitude and want to be part of a great project with huge potential, let me know!

Pm me if you need more details

Also, does anyone know if there's a site/resource out tehre for this sort of thing?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

Theres http://collab.ie/ which is setup to search for partnerships. Can I just point out that programmer, developer, designer are different jobs, and you'll be hard pressed to find one person good at 2 of those things let alone 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

Pixelcraft wrote: »
    Can I just point out that programmer, developer, designer are different jobs

What is the difference between a programmer and a developer? Do they both not write code based on a specification?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

By developer I meant web developer. You wouldn't ask a web developer to code your software.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

What is the difference between a programmer and a developer? Do they both not write code based on a specification?

I think the OP was referring to a web developer.

PHP/ASP/JSP/Whatever.

Where when someone says a "programmer" they're usually referring to someone who does C#/Java/ or whatever to write "real" applications.

Advertisement