Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone going to UFC 111

Options
  • 18-12-2009 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Just wondering is anyone else going to the Newark card. Flights and hotel €530 go out Wednesday coming back Sunday. Hotel is the Hilton two blocks away from the Arena.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

how much are the tickets costing?

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

I presume they start at $100 and go up to $1000. So would probably go for $300 ones thats how much I paid for the Vegas ones for UFC 100. Also to note thet you have to collect tickets at box office in US as Ticketmaster don't ship outside US & Canada for events there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Im thinking about going if everything slots into place..

Newark is a kip btw, your better off staying in New York.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Odats wrote: »
    Just wondering is anyone else going to the Newark card. Flights and hotel €530 go out Wednesday coming back Sunday. Hotel is the Hilton two blocks away from the Arena.

Who's that deal with, planning on heading over.. Brother lives in New york so be staying with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cokedrinker

Is there much hassle in getting tickets for the big UFC shows? Im thinking of Shogun / Machida 2 in Montreal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Last Montreal show sold out in 15 min, but hopefully the next one wont sell out so quickly, because i will be over there at the time

mooeire wrote: »
    Who's that deal with, planning on heading over.. Brother lives in New york so be staying with him.

405 euro return flight with Continental and hotel is the Hilton Newark Penn Station 2 blocks from prudential centre.

405 euro return flight with Continental and hotel is the Hilton Newark Penn Station 2 blocks from prudential centre.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

Nice, I may head to this. Living in Boston for the year so it aint too hard to get too. :) Anyone know when the tickets go on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

I think I need to be at this! Any excuse for a few days in New York. Would anybody have a fightclub presale code that they wouldnt be using for this event? Tickets are on sale this Thursday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

CFC007 wrote: »
    I think I need to be at this! Any excuse for a few days in New York. Would anybody have a fightclub presale code that they wouldnt be using for this event? Tickets are on sale this Thursday

Did you get one man?

bret69 wrote: »
    Did you get one man?

Hi Bret,

Just got the presale code from the ufc news letter

Hi Bret,

Just got the presale code from the ufc news letter

I'm no longer going so I'll send you on the Fightclub one if you want...

bret69 wrote: »
    I'm no longer going so I'll send you on the Fightclub one if you want...

Thanks that would be most appreciated. :)

Thanks that would be most appreciated. :)

PM

Just seen that BJ Penn wanted to fight at this as well!!!!! God that would of made it an unbelievable card.....

Tickets going on sale tomorrow at 3pm our time 10am in the US Eastern time for fightclub members price starts at $56 for the nosebleads to octagon side at $603 so decent seat talking $175-$250. Flights to New York at the mo are €397 return incl T&C's.
    Cannot turn it down two title albeit one interim plus rumoured Fitch vs Alves but wouldn't be suprised if it is Semtex but they might save him for a UK card next.

Has anyone ever got cage side seats? Not sure wether to get them or go for the 250 ones??

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SpiceLMF

Anyone else have a Fight Club pre-sale code? I'm a New Yorker living in Dublin. Going to bring my boyfriend home to NY and we were hoping to get tickets. Any help is appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mooeire wrote: »
    Has anyone ever got cage side seats? Not sure wether to get them or go for the 250 ones??

I'd get the cheaper ones myself
    I was a few rows back from the cage in dublin
    but i found it was easier to watch it on the big
    screen as the top of the cage was restricting my
    view slightly

• Advertisement

mailburner wrote: »
    I'd get the cheaper ones myself
    I was a few rows back from the cage in dublin
    but i found it was easier to watch it on the big
    screen as the top of the cage was restricting my
    view slightly

Same thing happened with me in Dublin never again would I fork out for cageside just not worth it view wise. Best ones to get are the slightly mid tier ones best view in my opinion as not too far up and not too far down.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

Living in New York and pass the venue everyday on my way to work, so im def going to get to this one.

the presale code would be ideal if anyone could forward it on, if not 10am saturday morning il be logging on.

So from what i read you guys reckon tickets ranging from 150-200 dollars are the way to go?

itsjaybud wrote: »
    Living in New York and pass the venue everyday on my way to work, so im def going to get to this one.

the presale code would be ideal if anyone could forward it on, if not 10am saturday morning il be logging on.

So from what i read you guys reckon tickets ranging from 150-200 dollars are the way to go?

Just got mine $203 plus commission so $218 altogether each got 2 tickets. 2nd tier Section 130 Row 8

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

I presume they start at $100 and go up to $1000. So would probably go for $300 ones thats how much I paid for the Vegas ones for UFC 100. Also to note thet you have to collect tickets at box office in US as Ticketmaster don't ship outside US & Canada for events there.

I was able to print out tickets on an A4 printer for a Vegas UFC and avoided the box office. That was a year and a half ago so maybe its changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

Its worth joining if you are going to be going to more than one event and you can split the cost with mates. You get better (closer) seats to the front of whatever section you will be sitting in. You also get you + 1 guest pass to Q&A sessions before the fights. Oh and a kind of cheesy T shirt.

I was able to print out tickets on an A4 printer for a Vegas UFC and avoided the box office. That was a year and a half ago so maybe its changed.

Yeah they changed that for international customers. Would be handy though to get them sent over but sure you get them in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,385 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

poxy man bawe

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

Jesus that ticketmaster would break your heart! Got two tickets but it was next to impossible to get them beside eachother, seats are only four sections apart so its not the end of the world.

My first live UFC event so hopefully its epic!!!

tickets got, just need to book flights and im all set

• Advertisement
Advertisement