Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terry Wogan retired

Options
  • 18-12-2009 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭

Terry Wogan, one of Limerick's greatest sons, packed it in on the radio across the pond this morning. He gave massive service. Limerick can be proud. We made him! He had the highest radio listenership in Europe, approx 8 million used to tune in every morning. I worked in Britain there for two years a while back and used to drive out to work in Slough every morning from London along the M4. This guy and his remarkable humour kept me sane. He used to always come out with some mad stuff now and then about Limerick and West Clare when he was bored. He even rambled on 'as Gaeilge' at the end of one programme on a slow morning. I dunno what the Brits made of this, but they love him. Just a shame we didn't get more exposure to him here. Who knows? If retirement is boring - Live 95fm might find a slot.:)

http://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/wogan-wakes-up-for-final-breakfast-show-438714.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Terry Wogan is an absolute blank

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Your check book & pen is claimable on e-bay roadend.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

Nice to see something worthwhile emerge from Limerick! His humour is charming and easygoing - and not offensive. I have enjoyed listening to him occasionally and just wish some more of our homegrown 'talent' had half his wit and intelligence. I appreciate that he as he has been 'over on the other side' for so long, his humour may be largely wasted on an Irish audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

Terry went to primary school in Salesians I believe.

Always funny when he ripped the p!ss out of the Eurovision.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

I think the city (& the country for that matter) is very much divided on him.

Some like him, some begrudge him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭jmccoy

I wish him the very best in his retirement. An entertaining man from Limerick, he did us proud.

Advertisement