Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stove installation

Options
  • 18-12-2009 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭

I'm putting in a stove a home. We're fortunate enough to live in one of the many homes in Ireland constructed from a component originally designed for agricultural sheds and outhouses, the 8 inch cavity block.

Anyway, I'm going to attempt to heat two rooms (bedroom above a kitchen) with a non boiler 12KW multifuel stove.
    So far, we've increased the insulation on the exterior wall with 50mm xtratherm polyiso and built the encasement.

968F522E04DC44A99AF6BA6F6C3A2FFC-800.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Sorry, but am I missing a question here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

When I was looking for information on stove installations I found some folks on boards had described the installations they'd put in. I was going to update this thread when the stove is operational, detailing the cost of construction and some data on the stove performance.

Is this the most appropriate sub-forum for that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

A 12 kW solid fuel room heating only stove is, imo, overkill! What size room is it going into? Who advised on the stove size?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

The kitchen/living room the stove is in is 45 Sq M with 2.6 M ceiling, upstairs is 22 Sqm with a 2.4 ceiling height. I think 12 KW is whats required provided I can get the correct balance of heat transfer to the upstairs room. Stove is a Firefox 12.
    Its a dormer bungalow and the insulation is poor, we're redoing that at the same time, at least in the areas we're heating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Oh. It's just normally every thread here is a question. My mistake njburke. Just wasn't sure what feedback you were looking for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement