Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major Lazer / diplo - monday @ twisted pepper?

Options
  • 17-12-2009 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Is this the same major lazer who played electric picnic, with the stage invasion etc. who sings "pon de floor" ? How is that only €10 ? anyone goin ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭R.Shackleford

I thought it was Switch that was playing and hes on the record label "major lazer" just checked the major lazer myspace and they had no Dublin dates up. Could be wrong tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

Yeah that makes more sense actually! Reminds me of the time I went to see

(Boys Noize) - Housemeister in spy.. was a bit surprised when there was no boys noize, but still a great night all the same. Dunno why dj's name their record label after themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Diplo for a tenner? On monday?

info please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

It's not Major Lazer that is playing, it's Switch.

Major Lazer is a duo consisting of Switch and Diplo.

Switch on his own is still very good, he's got some good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

mloc wrote: »
    It's not Major Lazer that is playing, it's Switch.

Major Lazer is a duo consisting of Switch and Diplo.

Switch on his own is still very good, he's got some good stuff.

Yep, this. I might head along actually, should be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

anyone been to any other gigs on a Monday at TP? Can't imagine it will pack up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

TimAy wrote: »
    anyone been to any other gigs on a Monday at TP? Can't imagine it will pack up?

It's Switch and it's the Monday before Christmas....it'll be packed

Jev/N wrote: »
    It's Switch and it's the Monday before Christmas....it'll be packed

Defo a good idea to get your tickets in advance, I can account for about 20 mates who have bought theirs already. At 8 bills they are fairly reasonable.

I'm goin too, still not sure who exactly is playing.. Is the guy from electric picnic = switch or diplo ?

Talkin about this guy:

Major Lazer @ Electric Picnic
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_04X5riIax4&feature=related

• Advertisement

Major Lazer didn't play picnic. It was just Diplo, and dancers, and a singer. Switch wasn't there.

It's Switch playing on his own tonight. He'll be playing mostly his own stuff I'd imagine. Something like this:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Major Lazer didn't play picnic. It was just Diplo, and dancers, and a singer. Switch wasn't there.

Yes they did, thats what a Major Lazer show is. Switch very rarely plays at them.

Thats what a Major Lazer show is. Switch very rarely plays at them.

Yeah, they call themselves Major Lazer Soundsystem to get round it right? I'm just saying Switch on his own will be very different. He's quite fidgety, wonkey electro.

Funnily enough Switch DID play the Picnic on the Sunday on his own but didn't bother to play the Major Lazer Soundsystem set with Diplo the night before (IIRC)

Hopefully he'll play some oldies...:D

Jev/N wrote: »
    Hopefully he'll play some oldies...:D

Or maybe if he even turned up.

Average night, predicatable tunes, crap crowd, cancelled headliner.

Was pretty happy when they dropped this though:

Edit:

Also this, one of the few Switch tunes to make an appearance. Kinda like this one, it was in a recent Dr. Lektroluv mix to good effect:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

What a lovely crowd, especially the person who threw a bottle across the dancefloor which smacked me in the head. Maybe it was the guy who was snorting coke/mdma/ket from a bag, on the middle of the dancefloor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Yeah disappointing night in the end, apparently this is the third time Switch has cancelled a gig here. Plenty of dickheads in the crowd alright.

I enjoyed the night

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

jape wrote: »
    Is this the same major lazer who played electric picnic, with the stage invasion etc. who sings "pon de floor" ? How is that only €10 ? anyone goin ?

And u are u the same Jape who sings 'floating'?

Major Lazer are sh1t, what do people expect from that kinda crowd?

• Advertisement

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »
    And u are u the same Jape who sings 'floating'?

Major Lazer are sh1t, what do people expect from that kinda crowd?

BTW Major Lazer and Switch are very different, and Switch's music isn't remotely the type I'd expect to bring in that crowd. The only gig I've been to with a crowd like that was Boys Noize; both times I saw him it was just full of angry coke-heads.

The only gig I've been to with a crowd like that was Boys Noize; both times I saw him it was just full of angry coke-heads.

It was more just first-time droppers, too young and not having a clue what they were doing. Some group of guys asked me what the music was, when I told them it was Dubstep they had never even heard of it before.

Unsuprisingly, same bunch of lads were pushing around and moshing violently until the bouncers told them to STFU or GTFO.

Advertisement