Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Osram Nightbreaker bulbs

Options
  • 17-12-2009 9:24pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've recently moved house to the sticks, so am driving a lot more on unlit roads. The bulbs I currently have are pure crap el cheapo specials that didn't bother me up to now, but they perform very poorly on unlit roads. I don't even recognise the brand, they're not well known ones anyway.

Are these any good? Anyone using them?
    http://www.micksgarage.ie/proddetails.aspx?pid=192612&pk=91A11

They claim up to 90% more light, longer beam etc.. All sounds good but would like to know the reality.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

A little search will show up quite a few threads on them.

I've got the H4 version of them and they are a lot better than standard bulbs and have also lastet quite long so far ..I'd buy them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

peasant wrote: »
    I've got the H4 version of them and they are a lot better than standard bulbs and have also lastet quite long so far ..I'd buy them again.

Are they thoses kinda bluey extra bright bulbs that all the Skangers have in their cars? If the anwer is no then what are H4 bulbs. If the answer is yes then get used to my fog light on in your face if you come up behind me with thoses yokes on :D

Saab Ed wrote: »
    what are H4 bulbs.

The ones that came before H7 and after Bilux :D

The ones that came before H7 and after Bilux :D

Ah ok....eh...with you now..................I think :confused:........... Wha?

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Ah ok....eh...with you now..................I think :confused:........... Wha?
    Aren't you in car sales? :D

looky here http://www.1stautobulbs.com/ImageThumbs.php

• Advertisement

Aren't you in car sales? :D

And bloody good at it too.

cause I know fcuk all about cars :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

A little search will show up quite a few threads on them.

:o Point taken.

Cool. I read some of the other feedback also and have decided to order a set. They can only be better than the rubbish I have at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shires

PauloMN wrote: »
    Are these any good? Anyone using them?

I have been using them for a couple of months in projector lenses. Initially they were quite good. Recently they have gone crap. I am hoping that they have not heat stressed something in the headlamp assembly. Today one bulb blew. I was very careful to mount it correctly and not touch the bulb, etc. I hear there is a guarantee but I'd rather do glue than change my headlight bulbs every 2 months.

From what I have read, others have had much more positive experiences.

For whatever its worth, PR Reilly in Kilbarrack/Dublin gave them for me for Interputer prices after I made a scrunchy face when told the original price.

Advertisement