Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bengals' Henry dead at 26

Options
  • 17-12-2009 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭

Prayers go out to Chris Henry of the Bengals. ESPN reported he was battling "serious injuries" after falling out of the back of a pick up truck. It seems some went on between him and his fiancee as described and as she drove away, he jumped in and fell out. His agent said the injury appeared to be life threatening and FOXsports reported he was on life support.

I must say, after all this guy has been through trying to clean up his image, real tough to see a guy experience something like this. I'm sure no one ever wants to experience this. Just real sad to see a guy like Chris who was doing well cleaning up his image to suddenly have this happen.

Get well soon Chris.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Being report now from a few sources that Chris Henry has died.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I'm very sad to hear about Chris Henry's death. He played for WVU when I was there for a semester in 2003. Obviously he had on and off the field problems but he seemed to be getting his life back on track which makes this such a sad story.

RIP Chris Henry.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Clawfeld

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭_Buck Rogers

Could probably do with its own thread to stop tghe Rip's clogging up the other one. (sounds harsh saying it like that but not meant to be)

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Clawfeld

I agree Buck... specially when the other thread is to do with "General Banter"

Good young player and was showed good promise.

RIP Chris.

Could probably do with its own thread to stop tghe Rip's clogging up the other one. (sounds harsh saying it like that but not meant to be)

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭ArmCandyBaby

Dreadfully sad. I really liked the guy - he had one of the funniest rap sheet of any player (getting done for a crime while wearing your own jersey is just outstanding!) but it looked like he had turned it around and as I said in the predictions thread, I was sure he was going to have a breakout year. He had a great preseason but a thigh injury and then a broken arm stopped him. He was also responsible for one of my favourite press conferences ever...
    CINCINNATI - Following the Chad Jonson's widely reported name change to Ocho Cinco, Cincinnati Bengal Wide Receiver Chris Henry announced he has taken steps to legally change his name to Chad Johnson.

During a press conference at Paul Brown Stadium, Henry said, "My name has been associated with so much controversy. As soon as the name Chad Johnson became available I decided this was my chance to upgrade my image and to get a clean start. The name Chad Johnson is not a stretch for me because I am a Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver just like the former Chad Johnson. I hope many fans of the former Chad Johnson will begin to accept me as their own."

Ocho Cinco told reporters he is happy his former name has found a way to live on within the Bengals organization.

Reportedly, an inmate at the Hamilton County Jail has filed paperwork to legally change his name to Chris Henry. Steven Phillips, who is serving an 11 year sentence for several gun felonies and domestic violence convictions, feels changing his name to Chris Henry is his chance to upgrade his image and to get a clean start.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,243 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Posts moved as appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Hasn't been a good year for NFL players and "domestic disputes". Pity about Henry, he'd turned it around and was going to go on to have a productive career.

Ocho Cinco wore his jersey at practice but the league says he can't wear it on Sunday.

I bet whatever he gets fined that he'll score and do something to commemorate him anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

RIP Chris.

Just as he was turning his life around.

26 is too, too young.

• Advertisement

Such a waste of a guy who truly had great potential. He was fast and in my opinion had better hands than Ochocinco also. Pity Chris made bad decisions all the way through his life even up til the day he died.

I feel sorry more for his family to be honest as he went 1 bad decision too far.

My best to his friends and family. RIP Chris.

I'll admit I had no time for the Bengals handling of things in that bad year a couple of years back and the decisions he made but his talent and the fact he was trying to make up for things negate that.

I'll admit I had no time for the Bengals handling of things in that bad year a couple of years back and the decisions he made but his talent and the fact he was trying to make up for things negate that.

I agree with you but look at it this way. He was going so well until yesterday when he made another bad choice and ended up getting killed because of it. It just seems like he was one of these guys that not matter how much he tried to turn his life around that something else was always going to get in the way of all his hard work and efforts. Such a tragedy really.

I agree with you but look at it this way. He was going so well until yesterday when he made another bad choice and ended up getting killed because of it. It just seems like he was one of these guys that not matter how much he tried to turn his life around that something else was always going to get in the way of all his hard work and efforts. Such a tragedy really.

You've probably summed it up really. Just probably unlucky in the sense that nothing went right for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Kevin11

Spot on. RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Very sad that someones life has to end like this, particularly that of a guy that was trying to establish a new life. By many accounts the guy had genuinly turned his life around.

RIP Chris Henry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

RIP Chris Henry

an awful accident and a terrible way to go. just when he was really starting to turn his life around and really bringing his career back to the point it was at in hes first couple of years.

gonna be missed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭deisedude

Chad Ocho Cinco dedicated his touchdown to Henry today. Nice touch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

Awful waste of life to go like that.
    RIP

• Advertisement
Advertisement