Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Door Saddles

Options
  • 17-12-2009 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

I was just wondering what the best way to do Door Saddles? I currently have the insulation in place between the blocks and have been told the best way was to use some tiles to build up towards the door. Then Sand and cement over that.

My concerns are:

1. Cold Bridging at the door saddle
    2. Creating weak points where the flo-screed runs onto the sand and cement.

I have thought about doing the door Saddle Entirely with sand and cement, and using a perimeter board (25mm) to seperate the screed and the door saddle...

Alternatively I have been informed I can chisel away the door saddle on the inside to get the depth for the flo screed and just let it run upto it as the door won't really act like a cold bridge due to the insulation inside the cavity under the door.

Any ideas?

Advertisement