Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crescent SC - No parking in the Hatched Areas

Options
  • 17-12-2009 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

Why put up loads of signage and then not enforce it! :mad:
    there could be 20 spaces free by the Tesco Hardware entrance and STILL they park there, and nothing is done about it.........:mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Tis a joke, and it has been for a long time now. They go through car-park attendants very quickly out there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Hatched areas?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Hatched areas?

The sections of tarmac covered in a cross-hatch pattern of yellow paint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

what that place needs is more disabled places

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Park in the underground. Turn right at the bottom. Everybody turns left and its jammed. Its mostly quiet to the right except this time of the year.

I park right down the end where there is a massive space that is not lined and you can get two cars in with TONS of room. I don't take up two spaces BTW.

Also the sign says 500 spaces but that sign was never updated when they opened the extension so you should never believe it when it says FULL.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Always go right as well. Ever see the guy who "poses" his car at an angle in the far corner there?

MarkR wrote: »
    Always go right as well. Ever see the guy who "poses" his car at an angle in the far corner there?

This is the crescent as well. This was in the motors forum.

PICT0780.jpg

:D

PICT0656-2.jpg

Try this on for size.

jackass-bettr-1.jpg

"Dr Bollocko Tours Irl."

PMSL! :D

I <3 Boards :)

"Dr Bollocko Tours Irl."

PMSL! :D

I <3 Boards :)

Oh yeah, old picture. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Liam79 wrote: »
    Why put up loads of signage and then not enforce it! :mad:
    there could be 20 spaces free by the Tesco Hardware entrance and STILL they park there, and nothing is done about it.........:mad:

Moved to the whinging over nothing all the time forum....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

I always park in the hatched area. What harm is it doing? The road is one way and it is only one lane. Nobody could drive in the hatched area anyway as there are lightposts there so you would be swerving in and out. Also there are no family spots in the crescent so I've nowhere to put little badger in the pram other that the hatched area.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Berty wrote: »
    Park in the underground. Turn right at the bottom. Everybody turns left and its jammed. Its mostly quiet to the right except this time of the year.

I park right down the end where there is a massive space that is not lined and you can get two cars in with TONS of room. I don't take up two spaces BTW.

Also the sign says 500 spaces but that sign was never updated when they opened the extension so you should never believe it when it says FULL.

Thanks a lot Berty :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I always park in the hatched area. What harm is it doing? The road is one way and it is only one lane. Nobody could drive in the hatched area anyway as there are lightposts there so you would be swerving in and out. Also there are no family spots in the crescent so I've nowhere to put little badger in the pram other that the hatched area.

iirc there are mum and baby (why is it never dad and baby?) spots over by the entrance where river island and next are, the hatched areas are pretty pointless though, theres no reason they cant just be parking spaces

krudler wrote: »
    iirc there are mum and baby (why is it never dad and baby?) spots over by the entrance where river island and next are, the hatched areas are pretty pointless though, theres no reason they cant just be parking spaces

I mentioned in motors a few months back that I was witness to a guy getting clamped in Galway because he was parked in a mum and baby parking spot. The guy pointed under the car where the paint was of a woman and a baby and he was clearly a man with a baby.

The guy was speechless. I never did find out how it panned out but most of the spaces I see now are mum dad and baby but will somebody argue that you need to all be there to park. :confused:

Somebody was on Gerry Ryan the other day complaining about this woman who pulled into a mother and baby spot, took an old baby seat from the boot and put it in the back seat and went off shopping.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cul-2008

I'll just take an educated guess here and say that the reason they don't want you parking in the hatched areas is because they are adjacent to the railway line (i.e. if anything goes wrong with a train, it's easy to get to?)

I could be miles off though...

Advertisement