Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy an Canon XL2?

Options
  • 17-12-2009 2:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Does anyone one a good site or store to buy a PAL XL2?

I am making a documentary and I am trying to get an XL2. I would buy a second hand one.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Mbyte wrote: »
    Does anyone one a good site or store to buy a PAL XL2?

I am making a documentary and I am trying to get an XL2. I would buy a second hand one.

Thanks

http://www.add.ie/canon_xl2-o41225-en.html

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭roguey

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭FinoBlad

I'm also looking for an XL2 if anyone knows where theres one for sale please post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

I can't imagine why anyone would shoot a documentary using an XL2 in 2010.

Have you seen the quality of footage possible with the latest DSLRs, like the Canon 550d (available new for €900) ? You should take a look on Vimeo and compare the quality!

Paired with a Zoom h4n for audio, tripod, lens and someone who understands cinematography, you'll get fair superior video quality in HiDef within a similar price bracket as you'd pay for a xl2 in great condition with all the accessories needed.

I know BBC cameramen who's cameras of choice would be new DSLRs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭NealB

What kind of budget do you have and how are you going to edit? Solid state is the way to go and at least HDV picture. I'm not gone on using stills cameras, they still have a way to go before they match the semi pro camera market, The D5 overheats after 7minutes! The decision is yours but check out the forums before going the hybrid route (try creative cow). Have you considered renting kit? Look at www.filmbase.ie

For second hand pro kit check out:

Kitmondo.com
    BB List (I bought and sold with this one)

• Advertisement
Advertisement