Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Armageddon Week

Options
  • 16-12-2009 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭

Anyone here watching on it on The History Channel at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Soul Winner

branie wrote: »
    Anyone here watching on it on The History Channel at the moment?

Nope. Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

It's quite good. I've seen two programs so far on the Antichrist, and part of one on Nostradamus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 qberry

branie wrote: »
    It's quite good. I've seen two programs so far on the Antichrist, and part of one on Nostradamus

"The Antichrist" teaching is a fable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

qberry wrote: »
    "The Antichrist" teaching is a fable.

Care to explain this or put it into context before it gets deleted as meaningless trolling?

PDN wrote: »
    Care to explain this or put it into context before it gets deleted as meaningless trolling?

OK....As I stated before, "the Antichrist" teaching is a myth..a fable, if you will. There's not a scripture in all the Bible that speaks of a coming world dictator called "the Antichrist". Not in Daniel, not in Revelation, not in 11Thes.2, nor any other of the prophetic books of the Bible. It's a man-made doctrine which has no Biblical basis whatsoever.

When God said in Rev.13:18 that, the beast; or man of lawlessness is "a man", he wasn't referring to an individual man, he was referring to one of the classifications of mankind...."a race" of man, if you will!

In their dreams and visions of the end-times, both Daniel and John the Revelator described that race of people as "the ten horns" upon a beast. The beast represented Babylon the great, ie America.

Study the scriptures, and you'll find that, the rise and fall of the European Americans, and the exaltation of that man of lawlessness, are the two events of which Paul said in 11Thes.2, had to occur before the 2nd Coming of Jesus Christ.

• Advertisement

Study the scriptures

OK.
    In their dreams and visions of the end-times, both Daniel and John the Revelator described that race of people as "the ten horns" upon a beast. The beast represented Babylon the great, ie America.

The harlot woman represents Babylon the great not the beast or the ten horns:

"Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a desert. There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns. The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls. She held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries. This title was written on her forehead:MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH." Revelation 17:3-5

Revelation 17:12 actually tells us what the ten horns are:

"The ten horns you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but who for one hour will receive authority as kings along with the beast."

These same kings will hate this prostitute woman.

"The beast and the ten horns you saw will hate the prostitute." Revelation 17:16

So how can the beast with the ten horns represent Babylon the great as you say?

OK.

The harlot woman represents Babylon the great not the beast or the ten horns:

"Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a desert. There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns. The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls. She held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries. This title was written on her forehead:MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH." Revelation 17:3-5

Revelation 17:12 actually tells us what the ten horns are:

"The ten horns you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but who for one hour will receive authority as kings along with the beast."

These same kings will hate this prostitute woman.

"The beast and the ten horns you saw will hate the prostitute." Revelation 17:16

So how can the beast with the ten horns represent Babylon the great as you say?

"Babylon the great", "the beast that was and is not" "the ten kings" "the harlot", "the woman", "that great city"....these are all descriptions of latter-day America and of the European Americans at the end of the age.

Those "ten horns" in verse 16 represents that man of lawlessness, ie another people that's upon America....A people that are diverse from the European Americans (from the ten kings).

Daniel explained Rev.17 this way:

"Thus he said, the fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom (the European kingdom) upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces."

"And the ten horns (the people) out of this kingdom are ten kings (the European Americans) that shall arise: and another (another ten horns; another people) shall rise after them; and he (that people) shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings (three European nations)."

"And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws, and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time."

"But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion (the dominion of the ten kings; the European Americans), to consume and to destroy it unto the end." (Dan.7:23-26)

"Babylon the great", "the beast that was and is not" "the ten kings" "the harlot", "the woman", "that great city"....these are all descriptions of latter-day America and of the European Americans at the end of the age.

No they are not. They represent different things altogether as already pointed out in the above verses. If we can't trust what scripture itself says about them then why should we trust your interpretation?
    Those "ten horns" in verse 16 represents that man of lawlessness, ie another people that's upon America....A people that are diverse from the European Americans (from the ten kings).

No they don't. They are ten kings which have not yet received a kingdom. I don't know who they are, I just know they are not the lawless one or people that's upon America, whatever that is supposed to mean.

Daniel explained Rev.17 this way:

"Thus he said, the fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom (the European kingdom) upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces."

The fourth beast in Daniel's vision is the old Roman Empire. The previous Lion, Leopard and Bear represent Babylon, Medo Persia and the Grecian kingdoms respectively, the next beast kingdom in the sequence is the non descript beast and chronologically that comes after the Leopard (Greece) and represents the Roman Empire. This vision has nothing to do with Revelation 17 sorry.
    "And the ten horns (the people) out of this kingdom are ten kings (the European Americans) that shall arise: and another (another ten horns; another people) shall rise after them; and he (that people) shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings (three European nations)."

Is that because you say so? Or have you got some more facts to back that up even though it has already been pointed out that the ten horns are ten kings which have not recieved a kingdom.
    "And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws, and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time."

This is Antichrist. One man, and he will come from the middle east, not Europe or America.
    "But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion (the dominion of the ten kings; the European Americans), to consume and to destroy it unto the end." (Dan.7:23-26)

This is Dan.7:23-26:

"Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces. And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings. And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time. But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end."

A reconstituted Roman empire in the last day will produce ten kingdoms (not yet in Daniel's time) and out of these kings shall arise a king (Antichrist) who will subdue three of the ten, and when he does the others will give him the power of the ten.

Soul Winner;63602282]No they are not. They represent different things altogether as already pointed out in the above verses. If we can't trust what scripture itself says about them then why should we trust your interpretation?

Everything the scriptures say about Babylon the great matches America and the European Americans perfectly. You're simply in denial and fooling yourself.

No they don't. They are ten kings which have not yet received a kingdom. I don't know who they are, I just know they are not the lawless one or people that's upon America, whatever that is supposed to mean.

The "ten horns" is the symbol for "a people".

The "ten kings" is how Daniel and Rev.17 described the "European American" people.

The man of lawlessness is that other people; other ten horns that arose after the ten kings, ie after the European Americans.

The fourth beast in Daniel's vision is the old Roman Empire. The previous Lion, Leopard and Bear represent Babylon, Medo Persia and the Grecian kingdoms respectively, the next beast kingdom in the sequence is the non descript beast and chronologically that comes after the Leopard (Greece) and represents the Roman Empire. This vision has nothing to do with Revelation 17 sorry.

Don't be silly..The Old Roman Empire doesn't exist today. The prophetic scriptures of Daniel have to do with the end-times.

Is that because you say so? Or have you got some more facts to back that up even though it has already been pointed out that the ten horns are ten kings which have not recieved a kingdom.

Once again, "the ten horns" is the symbol for a people. And, "the ten kings" is the description of the European Americans.

This is Antichrist. One man, and he will come from the middle east, not Europe or America.

Better stick with the Bible instead of fiction novels.
    A reconstituted Roman empire in the last day will produce ten kingdoms (not yet in Daniel's time) and out of these kings shall arise a king (Antichrist) who will subdue three of the ten, and when he does the others will give him the power of the ten.

Yeah right, and I've got a villa in the south of France I'd like to sell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

You're simply in denial and fooling yourself.

Don't be silly..

Better stick with the Bible instead of fiction novels.

Yeah right, and I've got a villa in the south of France I'd like to sell you.

Moderator's Instruction
    Try toning it down a bit. Being a smart-arse won't get you very far in a forum that is supposed to facilitate discussion among Christians.

• Advertisement

PDN wrote: »
    Moderator's Instruction
    Try toning it down a bit. Being a smart-arse won't get you very far in a forum that is supposed to facilitate discussion among Christians.

My apologies. Guess I haven't reached the level of perfection that all true Christians strive to obtain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

qbery
    If what you ely on is scripture then how do you get Revelation speaking of either America or European Americans?
    When Revelation was written neither America existed as a country nor did Europe exist as a continenent.

Be ver careful, you are interpreting Reveelation through a particular lense and trying to fit a belief into scripture where it may not not necessarily belong.

Bottom line for Christians is: If Christ comes tomorrow are you ready?
    Because we know not the time or hour of the return.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

My apologies. Guess I haven't reached the level of perfection that all true Christians strive to obtain.

That type of snarkiness is a sign of yoru maturity level and not a sign of your Christian walk. None of us 'Christians' are perfect.

qbery
    If what you ely on is scripture then how do you get Revelation speaking of either America or European Americans?
    When Revelation was written neither America existed as a country nor did Europe exist as a continenent.

Of course they didn't exist!! Thus why the word "prophecy" or "the foretelling".

BrianCalgary;63614141]That type of snarkiness is a sign of yoru maturity level and not a sign of your Christian walk.

Perhaps.
    None of us 'Christians' are perfect.

Amen to that.

Advertisement