Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any tips on planning a wedding in Poland?

Options
  • 16-12-2009 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi there,

I'm Irish and my beautiful fiancée is Polish :D
    We've decided we want to marry in her home town of Nysa, in the south of Poland close to the Czech border, and have put a deposit down on a venue for May 2011.
    Our provisional guest list looks to be 150+, including approx 120 Irish revellers! Needless to say we've got quite a challenge ahead of us, and are looking forward to planning everything. The only thing is ... we don't know where to start!! Apart from having paid a deposit on a venue, we're starting from scratch.
    If anyone has any experience of organising an Irish&Polish wedding in Poland I'd love to hear from you, especially and any tips or gems of wisdom you may have to offer about the ceremony; accomodation, transport; coaches; traditions; games; food; invitations.
    Also, if you or someone you know got married in Poland and you're prepared to divulge the secrets of successful planning please PM me!

Thanks & Na Zdrowie!!!

P&A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Chelsea1

Czesc Pfiddy.

I am having the same dilemma as youself. My fiance and I have decided to tie the knot in her home town in poland but not sure on where to start. i think our main problem will be the English Polish language for the ceremony. I have made a thread of my own asking for help. If i get any ideas i will be sure to forward them onto you if you would also do the same i would be greatful.

I also sent you the same in a private mail.

Dziekuje

Pa

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭water-man

Hi,

Check out Chelsea1's thread about a Polish wedding.

Ask any questions there.

Later,

WM

Advertisement