Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub on Golf Links Road

Options
  • 16-12-2009 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭

Hey lads

Moving into a nice gaf in Glanntan In Castletroy in the new year. Trying to find a pub within walking distance.

I see there is a great old school looking pub with a thatched roof on corner of the Golf Links Road/Ballysimon

Anyone know anything about it?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Lapsed Catholic

Walking distance may be a problem. That pub is O'Sheas, old fashioned pub with local crowd. Slightly further out thr Ballysimon Rd. is Morrisons, ok for grub. Turn right at Morrisons and about 1 - 1.5 miles is the Four Elms. Nearer to home you have the Hurlers on the Dublin Rd. a bit studenty. Near by in Annacotty you will find the Black Swan, fine pub good crowd and the Mill. Happy drinking.

PS Monaleen GAA sometimes forgets to close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Walking distance may be a problem. That pub is O'Sheas, old fashioned pub with local crowd. Slightly further out thr Ballysimon Rd. is Morrisons, ok for grub. Turn right at Morrisons and about 1 - 1.5 miles is the Four Elms. Nearer to home you have the Hurlers on the Dublin Rd. a bit studenty. Near by in Annacotty you will find the Black Swan, fine pub good crowd and the Mill. Happy drinking.

PS Monaleen GAA sometimes forgets to close.

Thanks a million. I don't think O'sheas is too far away. About a 7 mins walk I think. Sounds good for a few quiet pints

Monaleen Gaa is right next door. Is their club house open most nights? Do you have to be a member to drink there?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

O'Shea's is a good bar. Ambie and Rita are behind the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

second that re Monaleen GAA Club

Join as a social member, you can also join the tennis club, or if you want to become a full member. Welcome to the neighbourhood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 reillybody

Hiya, I'm looking to rent a room in Glanntan, but worried about the walking distsance to UL- I don't have a car. Could you tell me how long it takes to walk to UL?

Thanks a mill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭velocirafter

reillybody wrote: »
    Hiya, I'm looking to rent a room in Glanntan, but worried about the walking distsance to UL- I don't have a car. Could you tell me how long it takes to walk to UL?

Thanks a mill.

bout 30 minutes

Advertisement