Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on which board to get

Options
  • 16-12-2009 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭

Right,so its time to get a new snowboard and theres some great deals out there at the moment.
    Ive been looking at the Bataleon evil twin with its triple base technology but have read mixed reviews about it taking time to adjust to and seeing as im going away for 1 week i want to use every minute on powder/in the park not doing slow runs trying to adjust to it.
    Im gearing toward this board but i want to know other peoples opinions of riding this board before i buy.

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Smutty007

I bought a Bataleon Airobic and it is absolutely nuts, I use it everywhere. It's just so much fun. I went from crappy rentals to this board and there was no problem at all, super responsive, I'd say it's big brother the Evil Twin would be even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

I can highly recommend the Lib Tech Skate Banana, you can use this board everywhere. Its twin tipped, rocker, magna traction edge. Cant fault this board anywhere, these beauties are also handmade, as with all Lib Tech boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Rode a friends Bataleon Riot last year.. loved it.. From what i read its just a little stiffer than the evil twin..

As for overflow's suggestion i have to +1 that.. Loved the skate banana, so much pop and the magne-traction was great for gettin some quick turns in..

You cant go wrong with either board i reckon!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Printer

Hey,

Ive only ever heard good things about the Evil Twin. The TBT that Bataleon use seems to be big hit with everyone that has one. I demoed it last year for a few runs and it was very nice, I found it slightly stiff for a freestyle board but maybe thats cos I had just demoed a super soft Capita Horrorscope before that.

Ive never ridden the skate banana but I know lots of people had trouble with them de-lamming last year and quite a lot guys I know werent too keen on them as they broke easily. I have the Lib Tech Jamie Lynn Phoenix which is also a banana rockered board and I really like it. Good fun all over the mountain, Ive done 150+ days on it and havent had any major issues so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Thanks folks some really helpful replies there.

the more i read about the ET the more i want it,whats appealing too is the TBT and the unlikeliness of catching an edge which is a bonus when landing off rotating jumps.They are on irishsnowboards.ie for EUR329 for the older edition which seems reasonable enough even though its the same price as the new edition in the US.
    Anyone know if theyre cheaper in Austria?

• Advertisement
Advertisement