Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mama's and Papa's 03 Sport?

Options
  • 16-12-2009 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, should have done this two weeks ago! Was just wondering if anyone has any experience with the mama's and papa's 03 sport.

It's meant to be from newborn up, and I'm not so sure. My parents got on second hand for my youngest sibling as a push chair, and my aunt and uncle had one for my cousin as a newborn. They gave it to me for my expected arrival, but it makes me nervous.

The showed me how to use it, and all they showed me how to do was pop the car seat in! I asked about the flat down mode for newborns, and they told me that it didn't do that, it didn't go down completely flat. It looks to me like it's only a pushchair with a newborn carseat function??

They seem to think this is ok, but I'm not so sure. They have a car..I don't. I#ll need to get out and about with the baby and the baby can't sit in the carseat all day.

Starting to stress me out, as I now have this pram taking up space in the flat, and I'm worrying that I might need to fork out money for a pram now!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Have you thought about using a sling as well?
    I gotta baba sling and it was perfect for going for walks with her in.

Here is a review that might help -
    http://www.mypushchair.co.uk/mamas-and-papas.php

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

You might be able to buy a separate carrycot that will fix into it.

What's the story with having babs lying flat when out in the pram?

OK just googled! Answer is breathing and digestion problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

hey moonbeam -- thanks, I thought of the sling, but will have to wait and see. My SPD has been really bad of late and I've been told I'll prob. need physio therapy after the birth as well, so constantly carrying the baby might be too much.

Das Kitty -- thats a good suggestion. Ii'll have to look it up, but I don't know if there is anything like that available for the 03 range. I dont think anything clips out besides the carseat, and the carseat seems more upright than some of the newer carseats.

I'm waiting to do some research. My sister will be 5 in april and I never remember them saying this stuff when she was tiny. In fact, my cousin is only 3, and I don't remember any of this with her either! I'm wondering just how bad it is for the baby, as many of us sat in car seats a lot f the time when we were small.

However, at the same time, the baby scrunched up in the car seat always did make me wonder! We shall see. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

I think there is a max time of 1.5 hrs in a carseat for new borns?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

fi1979 wrote: »
    I think there is a max time of 1.5 hrs in a carseat for new borns?

yeah i know, thats what I thought. My mom agreed with me. Even though that rule wasn't around when we were babs, my mom said we didnt spend much time in the car seat.
    I have opted to just buy a new pram (or find a model and get it second hand) in the new year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement