Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Qashqai questions (2009 vs 2010 models)

Options
  • 16-12-2009 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭

Looking to get a Qashqai.

Was quoted a price of GBP£12500 for a July 2009 reg 1.6 Visia with 5,500 miles on the clock from an official Nissan dealer (with warranty until July 2012).

Probably won't get a chance to test drive it before going over to see it.

Couple of questions;
    > What is the difference between the 2009 and 2010 models?
    > What should I look out for when checking out the car?

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

I wouldn't bother, a post 2008 1.6 Qashqai will be very hard car to sell on (and you will one day). You should really consider the 1.5DCI, a much better proposition, in terms of re-sale and running costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

why would a post 2008 model be hard to sell on?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I wouldn't bother, a post 2008 1.6 Qashqai will be very hard car to sell on (and you will one day). You should really consider the 1.5DCI, a much better proposition, in terms of re-sale and running costs.

It's only a band D car , €447 motor tax isnt bad.

The 1.5 scrapes inot band B so obviously €156 is better but wouldnt be a deal breaker for a lot of people.
    Personally I pay no heed to who will have the car after me when I'm buying, I buy for me and no one else.

dubmick, the 1.5 will be cheaper to VRT and run diesel and tax wise so thats an advantage to you .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

But the diesel is €150 and the VRT would be at a lower rate on the import too. Price wise I'd say there isn't a lot in it

dubmick wrote: »
    why would a post 2008 model be hard to sell on?

A post 2008 petrol will always be harder to shift the a diesel version of the same model, €447 is not that bad but €156 for the DCI is better, and that will appeal to prospective buyers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Stekelly wrote: »
    It's only a band D car , €447 motor tax isnt bad.

The 1.5 scrapes inot band B so obviously €156 is better but wouldnt be a deal breaker for a lot of people.
    Personally I pay no heed to who will have the car after me when I'm buying, I buy for me and no one else.

dubmick, the 1.5 will be cheaper to VRT and run diesel and tax wise so thats an advantage to you .

I won't be taxing it in Ireland for a few years, and I will never be VRTing it in Ireland. The tax where I'll be driving it is £112 p.a. for both the 1.6 petrol and 1.5 diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Are you living in the UK, or is the Visia an especially high spec?

That one you are looking at is currently liable to VAT as well as VRT. Even if discount VAT then it will cost you €20,502 at today's exchange rate.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Nissan/Qashqai/1.6SE-5D/200937195136628/advert?channel=CARS

Is advertised at less than €1,000 more than the one you are looking at and the dealers are overflowing with Qashqai's at the moment as they're coming off rental. There must be a deal to be done.

EDIT****

Just specified he's not in Ireland so the above is all useless.

UK spec is different to Irish so I haven't a clue.

Ditto, you are asking here what the difference between a UK 2009 and 2010 Visia may be? Good luck with that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

2010 model receives a mid life facelift:

[URL="javascript:self.close();"]car_photo_347395_25.jpg[/URL]

No idea on spec differences especially UK models.

That's a pretty hideous facelift, part of the charm of the original was its big, imposing face, this looks like a pumped up FIAT Sedici.

imgFiat%20Sedici1.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement