Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

battery symbol

Options
  • 16-12-2009 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭

last sunday week the battery symbol came up and went again. I've not drove the car since due to stitches in my big toe. this morning my mother was gjing to bring it for a drive and it made a funny noise that sounds like it came from the alternater. it went after reving the car.com should i get it to a garage. What could bs causing this symbol to stay up. is the alternater on the way out.org new battery put in a month ago.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

Most likely alternator belt is loose/broken and therefore alternator does not charge the battery anymore and therefore you get that warning light.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭trackcar

Your alternator belt is loose or worn, it needs to be replaced ot tightened.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭cena

well bring it to the garage so. i don't want to mess with it. is it bad news if the belt is worn well i need the timing done. should be able to wear by tommorrow. its due a service. use to get done every 3 months even if it didn't need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

Timing belt has nothing to do with alternator belt, depends on the car but usually alternator belt costs maybe 10e and you can change it 5-10 mins,

but like I said, it depends, some cars are harder to fix than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭cena

its a 02 punto

• Advertisement
Advertisement