Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running a comedy night?

Options
  • 16-12-2009 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

There seems to be a lot of them round Dublin at the moment. But I can't help feeling the urge to do something myself too. Am I mad? Any feedback on the pros and cons from anyone experienced would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 IanPerth

Ah just go for it :) !

You have all the know how on running a gig already . . . all you need is a regular crowd!

Go for it ! ((and give me an open spot :-))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Mungaman

I second Ian Perth's post get your balls out get promoting and get this country laughing.

To run a great gig you need to work your arse off. Get a good venue and an owner/manager of the venue to get right behind you. Then get all your mates to help you and most importantly manage your costs.

Plenty of people here running gigs I'm sure everybody would be willing to give advice and a hand.

Good luck and go for it!!!
    Danny

Advertisement