Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

distributor gone?

Options
  • 16-12-2009 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭

so there i was driving from kilkenny to dublin in my 1L 00 polo and the car starts making a weird noise and stutters when i accelerate. i bring it to the garage and he says thats its the distributor?

any idea how much this costs to replace?

how can he tell this without diagnostics? how come he knows its not the spark plugs?(as seems to be a common problem with a lot of polos?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

There's no distributor in a '00 Polo. The mechanic is telling you porkies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭sportswear

right anyone know of a decent mechanic on dublin southside?

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

A lot of old school mechanics still call the coil pack the distributor out of habit so just because he says the distributor is gone doesnt mean hes telling you lies, if you have used this guy before and had no problems he's probably ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

A lot of old school mechanics still call the coil pack the distributor out of habit so just because he says the distributor is gone doesnt mean hes telling you lies, if you have used this guy before and had no problems he's probably ok.

Coil packs don't make noise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

If he meant a distributor, i recently changed one of theses for
    a 97 1L Polo. €20 is what it cost me for it from Kinsella's
    There just across the road from the Red Cow. Not a big job
    to do if your handy with afew spanners.

• Advertisement
Advertisement