Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ibiza 2010

Options
  • 16-12-2009 2:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭

bit early i know, but already my mates are talking about their trip over and im reading online others are too... i may go too, but it'll only be for the closing parties if i do...and my trip will probably be based around DC10's dates...provided i dont do airbound, berlin or the exit festival beforehand!

so some of the stuff i've heard so far...

we love sundays at space are no more. they are moving the night now to Fridays. some of the rumours i've read are, nick curly is in plans to revive Sunday nights, Luciano doing a Candenza records night or Manumission may make a return...

wonderland @ eden returns with "an updated Martin Audio Sound System, even more Wonderland production, a new, much larger VIP terrace, a piano terrace, a redesigned entrance, back room and fresh decor" ...considering my favourite club on the whole island has no Vip area, I'm not sure why eden feels the need for a bigger one...imo, but money talks, to me atmosphere screams. and we all enjoy a screamer every now and again...

el divino is no more, i dunno if its been bought or always was owned, but pacha own it now and whether it has a future as a club are up in the air. may be turned into a marina bar for the local douche bags and their yachts. so nothing really is going to change at all.

apparently DC10 will do the whole summer and please god it does, but thats only a rumour. i heard the same one last year, from a reliable source too, but it never materialised. however i think the court cases are behind them this year so who knows.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭JDee

Táck wrote: »

we love sundays at space are no more

:eek:

Legal problems? They cant do that surely? Its an Ibiza institution :)

Regarding Eden - the kip could fall to the ground for all I care. It looks and feels like a Dublin basement club but thats just my opinion.

Deadmau5 is surely being earmarked for a regular night in Pacha Id say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

ah things change, apparently amnesia is beating them every week on takings.

roger sanchez is doing pacha anyway, not sure on the other nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭D Audio Tripper

The plan so far is to fly into Ibiza on Sat 10th July, stay in the Jets and please God make it to DC10 on the Monday (don't really care about anything else!) then fly/sail to Valencia on the 13th/14th for Benicassim which starts on the 15th - if it all goes to plan it'll be the best holiday ever ;)

Getting excited even thinking about it! Be nice to know that DC10 will be open before we book it though

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

ah things change, apparently amnesia is beating them every week on takings.

roger sanchez is doing pacha anyway, not sure on the other nights.

Really? Im pretty sure I was reading Amnesia were seriously down on takings this year and Space was basically just romping everyone. Amnesia was fairly empty for Cream which I was surprised at. Cocoon was absolutely packed to the rafters but sure it always is.

Hurray for ticket prices going down this year. Managed to do 5 days in Ibiza (with a day of travelling either side) for 150 quid. ka ching.

Gonna give it a skip this year. Have done it the last 2 years and Im thinking of having a festival year instead. Hopefully going to hit Nature One anyway

you should look into that exit festival, this years one was meant to be epic. or benacassim too is meant to be the business. ive not been to one abroad but sibín is a cracker which i was at in 09, in ireland.

• Advertisement

Mate went to exit this year and said it was fantastic. I've had my heart set on Nature One for the last two years though. Have heard nothing but good reviews and the german organisation aspect of it is another tempter. They've an area on their site for people who want to carpool etc. And Ive heard stories about the craic at the campsite being so good some people miss the festival itself, decks set up at tents and little mini parties and stuff. I actually heard Dance Valley did something similar to the carpooling.

I dunno, the idea of Irish festivals just doesnt appeal to me,and theyre contingent on the weather too. Plus, smaller festivals tend to get more unknowns (who are I will admit probably better), for the same ticket price as larger artists at foreign festivals. But I'd like to have a fair idea of what Im in for before shelling out for a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Hurray for ticket prices going down this year. Managed to do 5 days in Ibiza (with a day of travelling either side) for 150 quid. ka ching.

How did you manage that?

Cos I'm fantastic. Did the year before which was a full week on about 400 I think. Sneaking in drink to Amnesia is easy when you're a girl (down the cleavage with a scarf over it). I brought a bitta plant food with me (going through customs in Luton was a bit of a sketchfest). Just drank before I went to the clubs. Went to coccoon, Be at Space and cream. Coccoon was the only one we paid full price for which was 40 quid afaicr. Then got into Cream for 20 quid and Space for 15/20. Theres a restaurant in PdB that does decent pizzas and stuff for around 8 quid so just ate there every night, bought a few snacks and lived off the toasted cheese sandwiches in the Jet apts. Free bus to Amnesia, shared taxis home and Space is on your doorstep.

Thing about Ibiza is, you will spend whatever you bring, and you can be bled dry without even realising. We accidentally sent a very...influenced friend to the shop after he fell into the pool with his wallet in his pocket and he came back after spending 40 quid on a giant inflatable clam as well as buying 4 litres of vodka and fck knows what else. Apparently he just fcked the wallet at her and she had to peel off the sopping wet notes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Thing about Ibiza is, you will spend whatever you bring, and you can be bled dry without even realising.

I've always spent a fortune when I go.

Theres a restaurant in PdB that does decent pizzas and stuff for around 8 quid so just ate there every night,

on the corner? on the walkdown to bora bora beach? if so, yeah the pizza's are nice. but on our 3rd trip there, i was in the toilet and the chef was in there and he walked straight out without washing his hands. it was like a scene from seinfeld. on my exit, i glanced into the kitchen and there he was, throwing pizza's....yum

• Advertisement

Nah, if youre coming from Bora Bora walking up, space is on your right, its on the left just past Space. Fairly big eating area, kinda covers a corner. Looks alike a big conservatory.

Normally, I'd say thats vile... but in the context of everything else we put in our bodies that week... pales in comparison really.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

that place is sick! its the place with the lucky men outside opp jet yeah? I think its called Momo's..........

Luciano at Amnesia, well talks are ongoing, but yes you're right tack. Then again I heard this from avery reputable source and its to be kept under wraps - who told u?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 dub02

Is it still worth a gander...went there as a fresh faced 18 year straight after the leaving...was a bit too young in hindsight..wouldn't mind giving it another lash

Never forget me mate swapping runners with Jamairoquai (who was caked) at the launch of Sashas album party in Privilege...I hear Es Paradis is closed which is a total shame..best decor I've ever seen in a nightclub...Eden was unreal for the aul light shows...dave pearce and mauro...do Sgt. Peppers still do the cocktails??

Entice me people..com'on;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

I'll most likely head over the opening and closing parties. I just hope the lineups continue to improve as they have over the past few years.

But jesus, Ibiza really just seems to make your money dissappear. Worth every penny though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Just on a small side track here, I have an opportunity around the 1st of June to go to Ibiza for a week. (Sort of an option on a longer tour). Would it be worth the trip?

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »
    Luciano at Amnesia, well talks are ongoing, but yes you're right tack. Then again I heard this from avery reputable source and its to be kept under wraps - who told u?

deputy stagg let it slip in the dail last week and there was uproar...

ah no, things to be kept underwraps? why? who cares if he doesnt. so what if they're in talks.

if two random punters in the minimal slash superstar dj mecca that is ireland are discussing it on a message board then i think its safe to assume that any wraps it was being kept under have long since been snorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

deputy stagg let it slip in the dail last week and there was uproar...

ah no, things to be kept underwraps? why? who cares if he doesnt. so what if they're in talks.

if two random punters in the minimal slash superstar dj mecca that is ireland are discussing it on a message board then i think its safe to assume that any wraps it was being kept under have long since been snorted.

Gas man! You're right! Back on topic, Opening and closing for me - hopefully less Italians there next year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »
    Gas man! You're right! Back on topic, Opening and closing for me - hopefully less Italians there next year!

Unfortunately the island is overun by Italians, they are a bleedin curse on Ibiza,standing around clubs,etc posing leering at women

2010: 16x COCOON @ AMNESIA # Opening: 14.06.2010 # Closing: 27.09.2010

jonny68 wrote: »
    Unfortunately the island is overun by Italians, they are a bleedin curse on Ibiza,standing around clubs,etc posing leering at women

The italians coming on to you is almost a treat compared to the EYEEEBBEEEEFFAAAA heads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭dublin 16 lad

Thinkin of heading over with a few mates in july for 10 days

Don't suppose anyone could point me towards half-decent cheap accomadation? Just looking for an apartment with a pool and would be good if it's close to the action!

Aerlingus have flights for 120 which seems like good value

the jets are fine, in bora bora.

is this your first trip?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭dublin 16 lad

the jets are fine, in bora bora.

is this your first trip?

Cheers for that, will check it out

Yeah it's my first time heading over. I'm not looking to spend a fortune but not going to skimp either!

Is it as dear as people make out? Most clubs 50quid in the door?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Tack-tack the lads are trying to get me to go, and do the whole big Benacassim trip aswell.Apparently dexter can get us the whole lot for 900 notes, transfers, accommodation n all that lark through some travel agent.

That's a week in Ibiza and a week in Espana for Benacassim.Am still undecided though, defo wouldn't last the pace of two full weeks of that insanity, and tbh Benicassim would appeal to me more than Ibiza due to my, ahem, maturity level:o

Then again I've never been to Ibiza and always promised myself I would go at some stage.No time like the present eh?

Will you be home by then and goin from here or coming home via Ibiza?

Cheers for that, will check it out

Yeah it's my first time heading over. I'm not looking to spend a fortune but not going to skimp either!

Is it as dear as people make out? Most clubs 50quid in the door?

yeah it is expensive but it doesnt have to be. choose your nights, shop for your tickets, buy booze in the supermarkets, dont buy drink on bora bora...be semi sensible! some days you may spend more, some less. it depends on you though really. i've gone with people before, had the same money, and been broke before them or vice versa. id say e100 a day is a good basis, as long as you're not going on a 7 day no sleep ket fest. or like some of the cork lads we met one year, a 14 day one.

Tack-tack the lads are trying to get me to go, and do the whole big Benacassim trip aswell.Apparently dexter can get us the whole lot for 900 notes, transfers, accommodation n all that lark through some travel agent.

That's a week in Ibiza and a week in Espana for Benacassim.Am still undecided though, defo wouldn't last the pace of two full weeks of that insanity, and tbh Benicassim would appeal to me more than Ibiza due to my, ahem, maturity level

Then again I've never been to Ibiza and always promised myself I would go at some stage.No time like the present eh? Will you be home by then and goin from here or coming home via Ibiza?

ha, i really dunno. im in no position now to be booking anything as i dont honestly know where i'll be next july, but i think the best option, if i go at all, will be for the closing parties in sept/oct

i honestly dont think age comes into, with Ibiza. i know a dude in ireland in his 40's...went over in the late 80's, fell in love with the place and went back every year for a few years after. anyway he settled down, had kids and then bought a villa there. he still goes every year with the wife and kids and one of his other fatherly mates and on one night they go out on a session and chill for the rest of the time. hero.

it depends who you're going with. if you're going with half the parish its gonna be hectic alright. but if you went with a choice few of your inner circle you's would all go at your own pace(makers) speed haha. ah no, i guarantee you wouldnt feel old over there. not in playa'den'bossa anyway. maybe san an where the pubcrawlers go.

but you should go once just to see what you make of it. i'll definitely be going again and again after that but seeing as i've done it before i dont think il ever make it my sole summer holiday again. berlin and barca are top of that list!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭DUB1

Im really looking forward to going this year had a gr8 time last year and my brother will b getting married over there on the 5th july :P

dc10 opening 31st may

Advertisement