Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2,500th post - Your EPIC tune

Options
  • 16-12-2009 2:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭

In honour of my 2,500th post - a post your epic tune thread. If you were doing a set this NYE, this would be the tune you drop at midnight to have the roof caving in. My (cheesey) entry would be

or this classic

Dropped it at my first public set about a month ago and it got the best reaction of the night. I've been smiling every time I hear it since.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

You really can't beat a bit of Star Guitar for happy hands in the air fun. I still play it a fair bit, never gets old..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Think for midnight on NYE, it might have to be Midnight Madness over Star Guitar. That's a great tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Think for midnight on NYE, it might have to be Midnight Madness over Star Guitar. That's a great tune.

That chap/thing is a legend.

Midnight madness for Xmas number one!

:p

That chap/thing is a legend.

Midnight madness for Xmas number one!

:p

Chap/thing? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

not quite a drop in tune but im listening to it now so **** it.

supposedly its an aphex twin / squarepusher collab that is unreleased for years but might be out soon

the aphex version was posted here before by someone and thats where i first heard it so to that person, salut.

when im of a better frame of mind 2moro ill post a proper nye tune

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭c_o_ck p_i_ss chillage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Equinox - "Ital Lion Tuff Head" is clearly the right answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

haha nice pun. great track.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

jtsuited wrote: »
    haha nice pun. great track.

He's doing a live set in the Twisted Pepper this Saturday if you're around, should be excellent, loads of stuff of the forthcoming album being showcased i believe..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

He's doing a live set in the Twisted Pepper this Saturday if you're around, should be excellent, loads of stuff of the forthcoming album being showcased i believe..

Quality, I'll be there with bells on, how come im only hearing of this now or did I miss it in the Clubbing Forum?

• Advertisement

jaysus might head to that. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

jaysus might head to that.
    Will he be bringing Mary?

nah she's getting candles for his cake.

Quality, I'll be there with bells on, how come im only hearing of this now or did I miss it in the Clubbing Forum?
    jaysus might head to that. thanks

Before he starts, head up to the main room for a bit. My band are on last, should be a bit of fun. I'm guessing he won't be coming on until half 12 ish, so I should be able to catch him.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

My band are on last, should be a bit of fun. I'm guessing he won't be coming on until half 12 ish, so I should be able to catch him.
    What type of stuff do your band play?

You should stick a link to your myspace page in your sig.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    What type of stuff do your band play?

You should stick a link to your myspace page in your sig.

I would, but we havn't any proper recordings up on our myspace yet, it's all live bootlegs.

A bit hard to explain, but we do like ska/reggae/general different versions of cheesy 90s dance tunes, Free From Desire, Vengaboys, Gangsters' Paradise kinda stuff. We're not that serious, but it seems to get a good reception, like we're getting gigs in Tripod and The Twisted Pepper and stuff.

http://www.myspace.com/attentionbebe

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Chap/thing? :confused:

"Embedding disabled by request" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHtoBqmRYfA&feature=fvst

He's kinda hard to miss:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I adore this tune. First heard it a good while back and would be delighted to hear it live

Advertisement