Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

some inconsiderate idiot knocked off my wing mirror

Options
  • 16-12-2009 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭

I was just reversing casually while engaging in conversation with my g.f and her sister when out of nowhere this tree just attacked my car and knocked the wing mirror clean off.

I swear I didn't forget that the tree was there and reverse the wing straight into it like a fool....the idiot tree attacked my car with its branches ;)

Anyway, it's the passenger side wing mirror of a peugeot 206 (2001 electric mirrors) I don't feel too bad about it cos I needed a new one anyway and the original one had been repaired to pass the nct ( although it was holding out well I knew a bit of a knock would break the seal from the glue)

Does anyone no anywhere to get one of these and if it would be possible for me to fit it myself? I'm not very mechanicy and wouldn't touch an engine, but would it be difficult to fit a mirror?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Serves you right for driving on the footpath.

Depending on whether you want it the same colour or not, you should get one cheapish in a scrap year, moderately priced from a garage or motor factors and extortionately priced if you want a new one in a matching colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Victor wrote: »

Was in a forest ;)

No, was in the driveway of my g.f's house. Had to go up a bit on the grass and didn't realise I was as close to the tree as I was and thought only the small bendy branches were goin to hit it, until the mirror smacked the thick stubby branches :mad:
    Depending on whether you want it the same colour or not, you should get one cheapish in a scrap year, moderately priced from a garage or motor factors and extortionately priced if you want a new one in a matching colour.

not too fussed about the colour, if I get my mechanic to put it on he will spray it up for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

FFS, did you really have to get that in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    FFS, did you really have to get that in there?
    Look, I apologise, I was wrong, the correct offence is "driving on a grass verge".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Look, I apologise, I was wrong, the correct offence is "driving on a grass verge".

Where was the offence?

OP, any scrap yeard should be able to sort you out. Plenty more 206's have been the victims of things even more inconsiderate than trees;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I replaced a mirror on a 206 a few years back, got a brand new one cheap on www.ebay.co.uk and it only took a few minutes to fit. Is the painted bit still intact? If so, you can swap that over to the new mirror - just be very careful not to break the clips when removing. I wouldn't even bother with scrapyards, you won't save much.

Anan1 wrote: »
    I replaced a mirror on a 206 a few years back, got a brand new one cheap on www.ebay.co.uk and it only took a few minutes to fit. Is the painted bit still intact? If so, you can swap that over to the new mirror - just be very careful not to break the clips when removing. I wouldn't even bother with scrapyards, you won't save much.

It's this part that is broken off

auto_part_peugeot_206_door_mirror_1.jpg

The glass mirror part is smashed too, as it took the force of the tree's rage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

cloneslad wrote: »
    It's this part that is broken off

auto_part_peugeot_206_door_mirror_1.jpg

The glass mirror part is smashed too, as it took the force of the tree's rage!!

Definitely check out eBay - would this do the trick?

Cheers Eoin, Yeah I had a look at tht exact one earlier, I think I may just go ahead and order it.

Thanks for your help

Advertisement