Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

your help required please

Options
  • 16-12-2009 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭

i have in mind to buy a suzuki virara 1996 2.0 d auto, the owner is asking 2k,
    nctd on 9/11/09, my reasons for buying, i am partially disabled, i need a car with a high seat that i can slip in and out of, my milage is roughly 7,000 max each year, it is in the extreame top end of my budget, are they reasonably comfortable as i have severe unrepairable back problems i do not want to be bumped around, are they any way light on fuel, as i have at the moment a w201 the tax is similar, but i cannot get out of it without grave difficulty
    i was looking at a pajero pinin but the discripton on carsireland.ie and my wheels are completly different, it is a garage sale, with a question mark about the seller,
    the vitara is a private sale any things i need to look out for, i am told it is being used by people as a holliday car at the moment and will be back for inspection on monday. the pajero is in dublin, the suzuki is in cork, i am near tipp town.
    thanks in advance for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

presuming it's a Suzuki Escudo as opposed to Vitara. Don't think they were available in diesel auto over here.
    Check underbody for rust, be certain that the autobox works correctly (not searching for gears or erratic changes, no whining noises or vibrations)
    Make sure it has an NCT too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

it is an import, nct due 9/11.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭hiluxman

if you have a bad back id stay away from a jeep, a ford focus for example, has a high seatin position and would be far smoother on the road than a vitara

Advertisement