Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boundary wall between me and neighbour?

Options
  • 15-12-2009 11:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,just a quick question.

My builder has to knock 6 feet of the back garden boundary wall that seperates my back garden and my neighbours.

My neighbour never objected when the planning permission phase was under way.Planning was approved with not a single objection.

My builder needs to knock down 6 feet of wall to dig foundations and extend out my kitchen wall for the new extension.

But now she says I cant knock the wall down as Im not allowed to do so.

Can my neighbour stop or prevent my builder from taking down the 1st 6 feet of the wall that seperated out back gardens.Her garden would not be affected in any way,so does she have any right to prevent my builder from doing so.

I dont want to fall out with my neighbour on this matter,but I dont want to lose any of my new extension space either.

What do I do or what can I or my builder do?

P.S-The existing kitchen wall comes out off the house and dead level with the existing boundary wall,so its not like my neighbour would be losing any of her garden space.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Did up a quick pic.

can anyone tell me which wall is the official boundary wall?

If I was to simplece replace 6 feet of the garden wall with my new kitchen extension wall,then am I ok to do so.

The garden wall comes up flush to my kitchen.

ggtt.jpg

Assuming the "small wall" is centred over the boundary, I would say that the wall is entirely your side of the boundary.

As for the rest of the question, it drifts into legal territory and legal issues are banned on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

The small wall, pointed at by the red line,
    is the "shared" boundary wall.

Why does your builder need to touch the wall? it it for foundations?
    Perhaps you could persuade your neighbor that the shared wall will be put back as is, after the foundations have been put in?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

My new kitchen extension would be built along where the existing back garden wall is.

If that small wall in between the kitchens is the boundary wall,then do I have the right to take down part of the back garden wall to extend my kitchen out??

Thats my question.

-Nobody here can tell you what the boundary wall is. Especially not from such a crude sketch. And they should of known better. you don't have the right to remove the wall if it is the boundary. Ignore the posts above. Resolve it with the neighbour or contact a solictor. And by the way, it looks like you are in the wrong, overhangs weren't considered - poor design in all.

paddy147 wrote: »
    My new kitchen extension would be built along where the existing back garden wall is.

If that small wall in between the kitchens is the boundary wall,then do I have the right to take down part of the back garden wall to extend my kitchen out??

Thats my question.

*snip*

syd

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,294 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Contact your solicitor as this is a legal matter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement