Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRL 2010 on TV?

Options
  • 15-12-2009 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭

Any word where will be covering next year's NRL? The parents are looking to get rid of Setanta and get ESPN in, I'd be fairly sick if we did and I ended up without NRL for next year.

*EDIT* I just had a glance on ESPN's Irish site and they mention Top 14 Union, I'm guessing that's UK only since Setanta broadcast that here. Dunno why they have it on the Irish site if that's the case. Gah!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Obviously, the only two options are SKY or ESPN. ESPN have just landed some Guinness Prem rights and combined with French championnat coverage seem to be more focused on Union at the minute. So I guess the only hope is that Sky pick it up in some shape or form. As things stand though looks like we're fresh out of luck for aussie action next seaaon.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdeT

toomevara wrote: »
    Obviously, the only two options are SKY or ESPN. ESPN have just landed some Guinness Prem rights and combined with French championnat coverage seem to be more focused on Union at the minute. So I guess the only hope is that Sky pick it up in some shape or form. As things stand though looks like we're fresh out of luck for aussie action next seaaon.

I think we'll have to be watching it on "bigpond" no nrl.com.au

Absolutely breaks my heart that people in Ireland and UK won't get to see some of the best all round athletes in the world on a week-to-week basis!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I'd imagine we'll have web based options and that's all. The www.omnisport.tv solution was not too bad for the finals of the 09 season.

Failing that it's back to streamed radio which was like being a kid again and had it's charm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Do you have to pay though to access pig pond's videos? Come the start of the season check out here http://www.myp2pforum.eu/rugby/ and go to Rugby this Week there's usually one or two streaming NRL games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Odd, on Sky's site http://www.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/skyproducts/skytv/channels/addon/espn they have ESPN as having the rights to the NRL. Nice one if accurate. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement