Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW book / dealer value of 2001 bmw 316i

Options
  • 15-12-2009 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hey, I have a 2001 BMW 316i 1.9 petrol. It is sitting around the yard not being driven as i have a z3 also that i drive most days. I need a van for a new business venture and for other uses in the new year and I need to find out what i can expect a dealer to give me for the 2001 bmw 316i.
    I have looked on autotrader.ie and cbg.ie and the average price seems to be around 6500 - 7000,,i was kinda shocked with that. Prices ranged from 4500 - 8500, BMW main dealers being even more expensive again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,781 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

a dealer will give you very little for it,

certainly a lot less than the prices you see on carzone, unless you are looking to trade it against something that he cant sell

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

How many miles on it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If you are looking for straight cash sale then forget about going to a dealer with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Before I left the retail game, I took a 04 316i SE in, in Feb for 8k. I'd imagine the trade value (Not the trade in allowance, that's more) would be somewhere around 1.75-2.5k depending on condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Satyr_The_Great

Before I left the retail game, I took a 04 316i SE in, in Feb for 8k. I'd imagine the trade value (Not the trade in allowance, that's more) would be somewhere around 1.75-2.5k depending on condition.

its not factory condition obviously, but its still excellent condition, 95k miles,,,,trading it in against a peugeot partner or a caddy. Peugeot partner 1.9 600l for 3500...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

You really should try selling it privately. A garage is only going to allow you somewhere around 2.5k, whereas the cheapest on Carzone is 3500. If you advertised yours at 3400, you'd be the cheapest online, and still 1k up almost. Plus, you could negotiate on the van you're buying and get a few hundred off.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Satyr_The_Great

I got it online, well just waiting for confirmation or approval really.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

2001 BMW 316i is no longer listed in "the book".

Oldest is a 2002 316i. Saloon lists at €5,850 with 77k miles.

Advertisement