Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom New Years Eve Ball at The Academy

Options
  • 15-12-2009 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

Rock your way into 2010 this New Year's Eve at what promises to be the biggest and best NYE party in the city!

Join all of us at Phantom 105.2 as we take over The Academy with an electrifying line-up of live acts!

In the main room, we'll be whipping you into a frenzy with:

Delorentos
    Noise Control
    Funeral Suits

And down in the basement we'll be mixin' up the medicine with:

Tallulah Does The Hula
    RSAG
    Heritage Centre
    Planet Parade

Not to mention DJ sets on three levels late into the night from all of your favourite Phantom 105.2 DJs playing the best in indie, alternative, rock and electro.

Tickets are €25 (+ booking fee) and are available from ticketmaster.ie and ticketmaster outlets now.

buytickets.jpg

See you down the front for the last Phantom shindig of the decade!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Tickets bought. Any chance on giving us approximate stagetimes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

This could be a fun night out....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

... it will be!

Doors 9pm. First bands on 9.30pm.

The Green Room will be all 1990's indie and alt classics with a few poptastic tunes thrown in for a laugh.

Live music in the main room will be followed by Phantom's Laura Lee Conboy on the decks and in the basement Noise Control will be on deck duty after the live music.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jemm

Will the djs be playing all night or just before or after the bands? What type of music would I expect to hear from the djs?

Thanks

Upstairs inbetween and after live bands it will be indie and alternative, Green room will be 90's indie and alt all night and downstairs Noise Control will be DJing in their own style!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 johnnylegit

was refused entry to the gig last nite at 11pm by one of the bouncers, despite being completely sober and not engaging in any argument. I was told I had a poor attitude, even though I gave him no reason at all to think so. I had no ticket but others got in after me without one. Was just wondering if anybody else had any problems with the bouncers?

Thanks to everyone for coming down to The Academy on NYE. It was a fantastic night and we hope you enjoyed it! Happy new year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 curb

firstly, i'd like to say i had a great night overall on NYE at the academy. i saw the funeral suits, went to the 90's club for an hour or so and then went to the basement to bring in the new year. but midnight came and went and nothing happened. can someone explain this? i'd like to think you wouldn't need a HUGE amount of professionalism to get one of the DJ's to remain sober enough to count from 10 to 1? it's NYE and it's 25euro a ticket and there were LOTS of people there. i think the lack of organisational skills involved in this is indicative of what seems to be wrong at Phantom. i REALLY love the station, and i know that there are passionate people that work there, but it was almost predictable that this would happen.
    once again, i'll point out that i had a really fun time on the night, and thought that talula does the hula were fantastic, there was a really nice crowd there and that the venue really worked as a 3 room venue, but i'd probably think twice before deciding to go to a phantom event for NYE next year.

curb wrote: »
    firstly, i'd like to say i had a great night overall on NYE at the academy. i saw the funeral suits, went to the 90's club for an hour or so and then went to the basement to bring in the new year. but midnight came and went and nothing happened. can someone explain this? i'd like to think you wouldn't need a HUGE amount of professionalism to get one of the DJ's to remain sober enough to count from 10 to 1? it's NYE and it's 25euro a ticket and there were LOTS of people there. i think the lack of organisational skills involved in this is indicative of what seems to be wrong at Phantom. i REALLY love the station, and i know that there are passionate people that work there, but it was almost predictable that this would happen.
    once again, i'll point out that i had a really fun time on the night, and thought that talula does the hula were fantastic, there was a really nice crowd there and that the venue really worked as a 3 room venue, but i'd probably think twice before deciding to go to a phantom event for NYE next year.

I beg to differ. As I was personally involved in the event and one of the DJ's, I stand over the organisation of the event. In fact most of the organisation on the night was actually done by the Academy production crew who did a superb job.

As part of the event, we had a countdown clock displayed on all plasma screens in many parts of the venue counting down to midnight. I personally counted in the new year in the Green Room and Noise Control did so on the main stage. It is quite possible that the band down stairs may have lost track of time downstairs in Academy 2. I can't state definitively as I wasn't there but I will endeavour to find out for you.

I am delighted that overall you had an enjoyable time do I do find your remarks regarding the professionalism and sobriety of DJ's and staff on the night disappointing and without grounds. The only predictability about the Phantom NYE Ball 2009 is that it was another great Phantom event. Thank you for coming along.

Happy new year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 curb

firstly, i'd like to apologise for my quip about the sobriety of the phantom DJ's...it was an offhand comment, and i don't know what the people who are the voices on my radio look like, so i wouldn't know who was drunk and who wasn't! and i thought the crowd at the event were lovely and there were great performances, and like i said, overall i had a fantastic night.
    but i have to stand by my comments that in an event on NYE that costs 25euro a ticket, i would expect at least one person to be assigned to each room to ensure that a countdown took place. it's the main part of any new years night, and the lack of it in one of the 3 rooms was disappointing, and i feel, a little unprofessional.
    like i said, i really really like phantom, and wouldn't have gone to the event unless i had many positive thoughts about the station in general, but i'd like to think that having paid my money, my genuine complaint would be acknowledged.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement