Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK 4x4 sales or auctions?

Options
  • 15-12-2009 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Looking to buy a commercial jeep in the new year in the uk. does anyone know of any markets or auctions? i remember seeing ads in a magazine a while back for some big markets and auctions especially in the south of england and wales. tried googling it but got loads of the usual ****e. any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

www.auctioneers.co.uk in wales not far from fishguard.
    commercial jeeps are rare in the uk unless they are pickups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Viejo Zorro

Auctions in the UK... not a fan. Buy privately over there, the average punter is usually a genuine individual, however, with auctions, it is a whole different ball game.

Why not talk to people over here? I've been watching the markets, and TBH I think there's better value over here in fresh commercials. People are just dying to offload stock, you have legal recourse if they screw you over, and you know who you are dealing with.

Are you looking for fresh stuff or older stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 thanksforcummin

Thanks for the reply, looking for something maybe four or five year old, a few mates have bought some commercial defenders over the last few years and got great value not to mention minimal vrt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

you have legal recourse if they screw you over, and you know who you are dealing with

Dunno about that. I know a lad who bought a jeep, thought it was a bit dodgy, got it checked out, and discovered it had been written off and put back on the road. He sued the company for his money back and won, but they just stopped declaring profit. They're still operating away. Now the solicitor is coming after yerman for costs. Be very careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 toe2toe

you could try Brightwells auctions in Ledbury ,auction of 4x4's every tuesday .results of previous auctions and prices achieved on line.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Viejo Zorro

Dunno about that. I know a lad who bought a jeep, thought it was a bit dodgy, got it checked out, and discovered it had been written off and put back on the road. He sued the company for his money back and won, but they just stopped declaring profit. They're still operating away. Now the solicitor is coming after yerman for costs. Be very careful.

Well, try that in a foreign jurisdiction for fun... It's a helluva lot easier to chase over here than over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

a lot of commercial jeeps for sale at auction in the uk are ex large company fleet or ex goverment agency which means they might have a few marks and scuffs but they will have been serviced and maintained regularly.
    you can buy good or bad stuff in the uk or ireland but from what ive seen you have a better choice of cleaner vehicles in the uk.
    you have no legal recourse if you buy at auction in the uk or in ireland as its sold as seen.
    you have the same rights here or in the uk if you buy off a dealer.

Advertisement